Sub 23,000 Video editing & gaming rig (without monitor)

manujohn

Journeyman
Yeah.. FSP Saga II 500 has short cables. If you are going to buy a bottom mounted cabinet then you have to get an extension cable.. But if you buy some top mounted cabinet like Elite 310, no need to worry.
Phenom II X4 955 costs around 6.5k. I dont know whether any X4s are avilable at 5k.

Last edited:
OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
So after considerations to GPU, PSU and CPU here's the current config in mind. Thank you for all your help :)

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II x4 945 |5200
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|3700
RAM |Corsair 2GB 1333 Mhz|1200
Graphic Card |GTS 450|6200
HDD |1 TB WD|2500
DVD |LG 24x DVD RW | 800
Case |CM Elite 310 |1500
PSU |FSP Saga II 500 W | 2100
| Total |23200
Plus vat = 24360

But it overshoots the budget. I want to cut it down by around 2 - 3 K if possible. Any Ideas?

lordirecto

In the zone
So after considerations to GPU, PSU and CPU here's the current config in mind. Thank you for all your help :)

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II x4 945 |5200
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|3700
RAM |Corsair 2GB 1333 Mhz|1200
Graphic Card |GTS 450|6200
HDD |1 TB WD|2500
DVD |LG 24x DVD RW | 800
Case |CM Elite 310 |1500
PSU |FSP Saga II 500 W | 2100
| Total |23200
Plus vat = 24360

But it overshoots the budget. I want to cut it down by around 2 - 3 K if possible. Any Ideas?

Sure, just take that HDD out. Just kidding. The config is really balanced for your needs.

lordirecto

In the zone
That MRON PSU, is based in New Delhi, so it is best that you ask forum people who are from Delhi.

P.S: When I read the word MRON, I tend to think of the word Moron :D

lordirecto

In the zone
Let me see, I bought my first PC for 33,000 with a normal case. And the whole thing went up in smoke in 6 months. Because normal cabinets do not provide any ventilation no matter how many fans you add.

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
I'm particular that the case should look like a gaming rig or anything... So is that a good idea?

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

So I should go for bijli at the least? It's even cheaper if I dont want the SMPS... Does CM Elite come with SMPS or just case?

lordirecto

In the zone
The purpose of suggesting a particular case is to make sure that the components inside will not get overheated. So if you want to buy a entire new setup very quickly, go ahead with a normal case.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Bijli is a good idea, but I suggest you confirm with others before you go ahead with it.

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
So how good is Bijli according to other experts? Do i get a discount if I buy without the default SMPS?

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Guys... Which brand GTS 450 shall I buy? I tried searching "GTS 450" in forum... no returns!!

lordirecto

In the zone
As far as I think, that rig went up in smoke due to crapy smps not because of the cabby.

If SMPS is the culprit, then how come the capacitors around the CPU were charred? Also the onboard GPU went kaput in 4 months, dont tell me that PSU was giving too much power.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

@OP: I think Asus 450 GTS will be good for you dude.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

If price is a constrain for Asus, then go for MSi.

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
I just checked the power requirement for my config at CM PSU Calculator here:
Cooler Master PSU calculator

It gave me max 366 (with generous values inputted)

So CorsairVX400 W should be enuff for this right? (Instead of FPS 500W or vx450 as suggested before)

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
Coolermaster PSU wattage calculator says my requirement is 366 Watts. So is VX400 watts enuff or shall I get a vx450 to be on the safer side?

sparx

TechFanatic
@lordirecto: unfortunately that Is the case, crappy PSUs provide impure d.c. Current because they dont have active pfc. They may well also overvolt the components. The symptoms exactly says that

Top Bottom