Studying tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigdaddy486

Lets share our studying tips, methord of studying,etc.....

xbonez

NP : Crysis
while cramming something, i find it much easier to do if i walk around. sitting still makess my mind wander off
also, its impossible for me to study while sitting on bed

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
1) stop cramming, start understanding

2) Dont limit urself to syllabus books, u will never get the essence of a subject unless u read some reference book

3) Try to use all ur senses while learning something (reading, reciting and visualizing etc)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
start studying 6-7 hours before exam......mug up as much as you can.......cram some examples if you think they are important........give the exam.......cheat a lil bit..........get 50-60% marks........enjoy.......tell your parents that you passed every subject while most peeps in your class flunked one or more.

Tried and tested formula......I've been using it since ages.

praka123

left this forum longback
^it wont work out with Engg maths papers :? I lost my hope this time too :( .for more detailssee my profile esp job.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Engg. maths sux!!! I am in 3rd semester and thank goodness there is no maths from 4th semester.Hope fully I am make through with gods will and paper setters wishes.

BTW yea your profile is cool esp. the job part.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
xbonez said:
but stuff like history, geography and organic chem has to be crammed :(
fot history and geography i cant say much coz it depends upon ur interest.

But for organic chemistry, hav u ever hear of Morrison Boyd Organic chemistry. U will never ever mug up organic chemistry after reading(yeah like story book) this book.

praka123 said:
^it wont work out with Engg maths papers :? I lost my hope this time too :( .for more detailssee my profile esp job.
yeah M-III was a complete disaster for me, got low marks. In maths u need good books and persistent practice.

U cant do Engg maths in 5 days.

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
when you feel bored after studying a stretch...

or of you dont feell like studying and havent felt like studyin since ages then...

WORk...

by work i mean to say, look at the small things around that have to be worked out...

ur room may require cleaning :)

you may require cleaning :p .. get a shower as many times as you like...

things maybe out of order...

cook up something special if you can or get it ordered and have it to your liking.....

listen up some not-slow-but-fast music :)) i mean itll keep your senses UP...

see if something needs to be mended, then mend it....

make drawings, paintings,... or just write poems...

This is all to kill boredom... EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO STUDY... but very few of'em know how to "KILL BOREDOM AND RETURN TO STUDY IN TIME AFTER FEELING BETTER :)) "

If you work a bit in the gaps you get after studying, you will...

0. kill a bit of laziness and boredom
1. have the pending work done, whatever it may be
2. realize that you lost precious time while working...

usually the last thing does not happen if you are trying to get a gap by doing something really insteresting and exciting... you wont easily realise the time lost...

anywyas this works out for me...
i even cook myself when bored and then i wont let the maid or my mum to wash those dishes... wash'em myself... in the end you'll also feel proud that you did it.... :)

regards
bikalp

mediator

Technomancer
Half an hour Guitar plucking *www.smileyhut.com/music/wos_musik8.gif after 15-30 mints of study..that used to be mah simple and effective recipe! *www.smileyhut.com/sleep/sleep1.gif

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^ i put my guitar 2 storeys below while studying....

i never can get studying with a guitar... it will be like 15 mins studying and 90 mins guitar picking!!!

praka123

left this forum longback
The_Devil_Himself said:
Engg. maths sux!!! I am in 3rd semester and thank goodness there is no maths from 4th semester.Hope fully I am make through with gods will and paper setters wishes.

BTW yea your profile is cool esp. the job part.
yeah Math sucks.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
M in sem3 now.. Acc to me 5days is enuf for ny subject.. Btw ll hav to c y u ppl hate math 3 so much

faraaz

Evil Genius
Me...I'm doing MBA and regular tricks of cramming and going to class doesn't work...especially if you get cold called and have to give impromptu case study presentations...which is pissing offf...

And reading and understanding doesnt work when you have to read 300 pages daily...(I kid you not! Look up Modern Financial Management and check out contents list...chapters 4,5,6 & 7 are to be finished by tomorrow morning :()

Skim reading and HOPING to God that you don't get asked questions...yeah, that works! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom