stuck with a strange prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
1. first is my schedular service is not starting becoz of which iam unable to schedule so many things... i cant figure out why
2. i know the command for starting the applications from the batch file but what is the command for closing the applications???

i need suggestions as i have poured all my knowledge but cant do it...

S

SE><IE

I don't know about first part. perhaps a repair can help. Maybe there is an easier way out too .

Moving to closing the applications. Its TASKKILL /IM <process name>
e.g. TASKKILL /im winamp.exe

Type taskkill/? at command prompt for more info.

-seXie

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Well taskkill is not the best way to close any app ..try nd toubleshoot the Task Scheduler issue instead, here are some basic must check :

Make sure Event Log Service is set to automatic and running.
Click the Log On tab, select the Local System Account and Allow Service to Interact with Desktop options, and then click Apply.
Make sure that the Read-nly attribute is not set on the Schedlog.txt file in the %SystemRoot% folder.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
^^ Check whether the Task Scheduler service is enabled or not...

To do that, go to Start--->Run and type "services.msc"

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Well taskkill is not the best way to close any app ..try nd toubleshoot the Task Scheduler issue instead, here are some basic must check :

1. Make sure Event Log Service is set to automatic and running.
  2. Make sure RPC Service is set to automatic and running.
  3. Under service Properties click the Log On tab, select the Local System Account and Allow Service to Interact with Desktop options, and then click Apply.
  4. Make sure that the Read-only attribute is not set on the Schedlog.txt file in the %SystemRoot% folder.
  5. Try starting the Task Scheduler service now ... in case it still fails let us know the exact error message.

anandk

Distinguished Member
^ set the service on automatic and reboot.
also click *technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVist...a0e0-49db-bdd3-988f829f76021033.mspx?mfr=true

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
guys i dont know what was the prob in my pc........

what i did is used the great system restore and voila....... it bypasses all the problems...
Microsoft did a gr8 job by introducing the option of restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom