strange problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
hi
of late I have been having a strange combination of problems ...first my bootsector becomes corrupt every few days ...also after some time of using my computer my CPU useage shoots to near 100 %... I have tried scanning with kaspersky 6 and have run scandisk a lot of times ...My computer logs show that there is a bad sector even after I got my hard disk changed....any suggetions?

my config is
AMD 3000+
MSI K8NGM2 motherboard (nvidia 600 chipset)
80 gb SATA Seagate hard disk
KIngston 512 MB RAM

Its a miricle that I am still using this PC....please help.

redhat

Mad and Furious
You might have connected your old HDD, to transfer your data to the new one.........
The bad sectors also transmit themselves when connected. So, you might have transferred the bad sectors too:D

Otherwise, why not try defragmenting?

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^do they??? i knew that bad sectors are a physical aspect of the hdd, wonder how they can be transferred over to other hdds?

redhat

Mad and Furious
Some other professional in this field had told me this when I faced such a problem.
Even I was shocked then...

Even I dont know d real truth.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
bad sectors transfer themselves??...oh and by the way one more problem now my computer has started restarting automatically ....it suddenly turns off (cold reboot) and then starts again....By the way I did not connect my old HDD. Is there a chance that this could be my RAM or power supply malfunctioning?

xbonez

NP : Crysis
whoa man! i wonder what u did with ur pc. maybe its a signal from God that its time for a change

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
great ab to baat divine intervention tak pahunch gaayi....by the way will try the RAM thing today....by the way how much is a stick of 512 ram gonna cost me?

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Ok tried out changing the RAM ....the comp does not restart anymore but the near 100 % CPU use after some time is still there...also if the PSU was not properly connected then would the computer boot?

oh by the way the hard disk was a repaired one, certified by Seagate...or so it says and I did format the drive before using it......

Last edited:

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hey, for the bad sectors, download SeaTools desktop from SeaGate(it will be an ISO file which you shud burn on a CD and then boot from it) website(i dunno if it works for non-seagate disks)

It has repaired my bad sectors a lotta times by writing a series of 0s on it...

and for a really thourough disk checking i mostly boot from my XP CD and then enter the console...then i check my disk from there....also, to fix MBR and boot information type FIXMBR and FIXBOOT from the console of WinXP CD

vish786

"The Gentleman"
redhat said:
You might have connected your old HDD, to transfer your data to the new one.........
The bad sectors also transmit themselves when connected. So, you might have transferred the bad sectors too:D

Otherwise, why not try defragmenting?
bad sectors are physically damage they cannot be transfered... not at all possible:)

izzikio_rage said:
hi
of late I have been having a strange combination of problems ...first my bootsector becomes corrupt every few days ...also after some time of using my computer my CPU useage shoots to near 100 %... I have tried scanning with kaspersky 6 and have run scandisk a lot of times ...My computer logs show that there is a bad sector even after I got my hard disk changed....any suggetions?

my config is
AMD 3000+
MSI K8NGM2 motherboard (nvidia 600 chipset)
80 gb SATA Seagate hard disk
KIngston 512 MB RAM

Its a miricle that I am still using this PC....please help.

yes i had same problem i had installed a hardware driver which was suppose to be a updated latest driver for my processor which i had download thru net, i had all the same problem u mentioned and i some how doing different tricks uninstalled tat driver and my com again started to work fine, this type of problem occur when their is some fault with hardware drivers only(bcoz they r most essential part of OS):cool: coincidently i also hav the same processor which u have :)

Last edited:

escape7

What? Where? How?
redhat said:
Some other professional in this field had told me this when I faced such a problem.
Even I was shocked then...

Even I dont know d real truth.

Half of the professionals don't know what are they doing.

Maybe you new disk has developed bad sectors, get it checked it must be in the guarantee period.

arun77574

Broken In
Hey First of all are you using a standard UPS that still works in good condition?
because if your UPS fails then your RAM, HDD, Motherboard will fail eventually.
If your PC reboots automatically so often then it means your RAM is partially working and is gonna blow of any moment. you have to replace it. i"ve faced this isuue personally.
BAD SECTORS are PHYSICAL damages in HDD so there is no chance of them getting transffered(come on guys use your brains).
If the boot sector is getting corrupted very often then its a virus issue or may be a tweaking S/W.
If you had transfered the data from old HDD to new HDD, in case of virus its obvious you face the same issue again.

Change your UPS if needed, change the RAM, do a complete format of the entire HDD, install the OS and update it, Install the Antivirus S/W update it.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
There seems to be some problem with my hard disk also ....sometimes my computer just does not detect the hard disk ..I have tried changing the cable and plugging it in another sata port bu the problem persists. Also my UPS seems to be running fine ...so that is hopefully not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom