Strange Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Few days(last Saturday) back i reinstalled Windows XP, all was running fine, but yesterday i noticed this happening. This is happening only from yesterday, few days back i scanned my cousin's pen drive which he had used in his college for his project work. There were few viruses, which my NIS07 removed from pen drive.

When i open My Computer and double click on any Drives, it opens in a new window.
While if double click on any of the Folders in My Computer or in any drive, they open in the same window.

In the Folder i have set the Browse Folders option to Open each folder in the same window, which is the Default settings.

Can i know what should be done, how to fix this Issue.

Thanks in Advance.

check if ur drives r havng autorun.inf file in them which r system files and hidden.
go to cmd and "c:\" root and type attrib autorun.inf -s -h -r and press enter. if there exists a file then it will be shown. delete it and do same work 4 all drives restart computer and c if changes reflect or not

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Its nothing but aftermath of having a virus....
just search 4 the 'autorun.inf" file in the drives root path..delete the file > reboot
> replicate the issue > if its still there then update virus DB & then do a full system scan :D

PS: u might also get to c some other strange files if u uncheck the "show/hide folders option"

do a complete system scan with your antivirus..there must some remnants from those viruses you eliminated from the pendrive

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Thank You all, It is solved.

I found out it was due to virus. So i followed the step mentioned in the link : *www.techhunt.org/node/11

But Reinstalled NIS07 and updated it, now all is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom