strange problem.please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well guys i dont know if its a problem or something else.but i think i have not noiced it before.

well its like this whenever i click on any s/w shortcut take it as my doumentsin windowed mode not in fullscreen mode .
when the windowed mode pops up there is a slight 'contraction and elongation type in the desktop also'.i mean if the menu pops up in windowed mode then at that instant the other icons on the desktop also contracts a little and then comes to their original shape in a fraction of a second.

same thing happens whenever i closes that window.

and also whenever i play gif through windows picture and fax viewer.
the window playing the gif (including the start and tray icons at the botton.)
starts to expand or contract (or vibrates) with the gif.(according to the movement of the gif.)

and some times though very rare the icons also blinks without any reason.

i have windows xp professional sp2.

well what is the problem can anyone please help.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
That might be a work of a prank program or even a virus. Please post you desktop screen shot and also the processes running in task manager.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
here are the screenshots.
*aycu18.webshots.com/image/26097/2005796487534103896_th.jpg*aycu13.webshots.com/image/23012/2005779151159604972_th.jpg

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Look like you have used some kind of theaming software that might be the culprit. Never seen such a problem .. Try logging as another user and check . I strongly recoment that you dont use Administrator account for regular use.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
charangk said:
^^ Look like you have used some kind of theaming software that might be the culprit. Never seen such a problem .. Try logging as another user and check . I strongly recoment that you dont use Administrator account for regular use.

i had previously used but now i dont use it.please do reply if you have any solution.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just try creating a dummy user and login from that account and check. I think the problem exists in theming..
or wait for others to suggest.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
charangk said:
Just try creating a dummy user and login from that account and check. I think the problem exists in theming..
or wait for others to suggest.

try a cleanboot (removing unnecessary startup/services from loading) through msconfig. ***remember to put checkmark in hide all ms services on services tab*** (but leave anything that says symantec..unless you think norton is root cause)
if you're still getting prob post a hijackthis log here, see if there is something causing the prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom