Strange problem,Help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

himan01

Right off the assembly line
i was getting a message -"Windows is shutting down the system due to an error ouccered in the BIOS.This error may be due to improper installation of hardware or software." and the system restarts in 100 seconds.I could operate windows only in safe mode.

The next day i formatted and installed the Windows Xp in the system.The windows is running fine except ,when i try to open the C:,D: and E:(the partitions of my harddisk,with windows XP in C:) i get the following message-"resycled\boot.com is not a valid win32 application."But these partitions get opened from the address bar of "My Computer"

I cannot understand where the problem actually is.Please help me out!!.

mrintech

Technomancer
You are affected from Spyware

Resycled/boot.com is a worm that creates autorun.inf files on drives when the removable drive is inserted into a computer. Whenever you try to open drives, a message is shown resycled\boot.com is not a valid Win32 Application.

Infection Type : Worms
Risk Level: Low Risk
System Affected : Windows Operating Systems
Symptoms
* The infection creates autorun.inf files on drives.
* Appears a message “resycled/boot.com is not a valid Win32 application”.
*i34.tinypic.com/efjpy9.jpg
No need to worry.... Download SuperAntiSpyware: *www.superantispyware.com/download.html and also woth a-Squared: *www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Scan your PC with latest definitions. Also do a complete virus scan with updated definition file... AVG/AVAST/AVIRA/KAspersky whatever....

But update all the softwares before scanning

You have Spyware in your System.
Please Download either what mritech has said or any of the following programs. Install it, update the definitions and scan immediately:
Ad-Aware 2008 7.1.0.11
*www.filehippo.com/download_ad-aware/
Spybot S&D
*www.filehippo.com/download_spybot_search_destroy/

PS
Next time, please give an appropriate title to the thread other wise most members will just overlook the thread.

mrintech

Technomancer
PS
Next time, please give an appropriate title to the thread other wise most members will just overlook the thread.

+1000

I even overlooked this thread 2-3 Times. Appropriate title is necessary ;)

Ad-Aware 2008 7.1.0.11
*www.filehippo.com/download_ad-aware/
Spybot S&D
*www.filehippo.com/download_sp...earch_destroy/

Dude I agree with you that these softwares are great, but the thing is that better softwares like SuperAntiSpyware and a-Squared have emerged out to combat recent and technological advanced Spywares, Scumware, Malwares and Trojans.

I will recommend you a-Squared and SuperAntiSpyware, you will become really fan of them, as their detection rate is the best as compared to other anti-xxx

Give a damn try to them ;)

I will recommend you a-Squared and SuperAntiSpyware, you will become really fan of them, as their detection rate is the best as compared to other anti-xxx

Give a damn try to them ;)
will check them out. :)
I recommended S&D and Adaware as they generally do the job for me.
And Filehippo provides great speeds :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom