Strange prob with BSNL internet!!

prankie

D PrankMaster
Hi, just migrated from bharti BB to BSNL BB due to house shifting, got UL 900 Combo plan, which offers a speed of 4Mbps upto 8GB and 256Kbps afterwards, the prob is that unlike airtel (I was on 1Mbps plan) which offered stable speed irrespective of what I did(got constant download speed of over 140KBps), in BSNL even at 4Mbps I cant view youtube vids properly..
checked speed at speedtest*net and strangely got speed over 1Mbps, but on other sites like Mcafee speedometer, hardly get speed over 140kbps,
Download speed hardly reaches 40KBps.. but when I download from software like IDM I get speed over 200KBps!!
I have to download videos from youtube coz viewing them online is tiresome. torrents also get good download speed, but IE or Firefox downloader fails to get good speed.. surfing experience is equivalent to 128Kbps connection..

attached screenshot of file being downloaded by IDM

*img819.imageshack.us/img819/9192/94026156.png
can't understand what's the problem! anyone??

tobbyhot

Broken In
if you are professional in networking then you may know that BSNL cheats his customers there was 16 MB plan in my company but we just got 1 mbps speed on random days, now you can judge 1 mb for 16 mb plan....cheap and C grade telecom network...

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
Array I know that, BSNL cannot give true 4mbps speed.. My prob is that I get over 1Mbps when downloading from IDM or torrent, but never over 128kbps while surfing.. even youtube videos needs to be buffered upto 50%! So I prefer downloading tha vid using IDM, coz I get download speed over 200KBps (shown on picture)
Whats the prob!

Last edited:
Top Bottom