Strange prob: plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I have a strange problem with my new PC. I ve upgraded from a celeron 1.7 to a sempron 2600+ nd an asus mobo(A7v400MX).

The problem is I cannot install most of the softwares or games not even some drivers(of printer, scanner etc). Many errors ocuurs like "Data transfer error", or "CRC error" or "I/O orror occured".

Ive 3 optical drive but the problem occurs on all of them. Ive many images of game CDs on my HDD, which I used to install many times before, but the error occurs with all of them(Virual CD v4, nd v6). Even if I copy the contents of a CD nd then ins tall the same orrors occur. Sometimes the PC self restart also.

Ive reinstalled XP many times nd even tried 98 on different partitions but the problem persists. So I dont think it is a software problem.

I doubt that the southbridge chip is the reason as it controls all I/O actions. So do I get the mobo to the shop for warranty or some other hardware is guilty???
PLZ help!!!!
My config: Sempron 2600+(thoroughbred),ASUS A7v400MX,384mbddr266,MSI GF MX440 64 mb,40+80GB HDD, Benq CDRW, Sony DVD, ASUS CDRW.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Dude your RAM is fried...

To check reboot->enter bios->Disable fast boot->reboot->see for the ram check.

If you have two try both of them seperately so that you can identify the bad ram.

Get a new one and enjoy.

Do tell if this works for you.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hey thanks for Ur advice, but may I know how faulty memory could produce errors like"CRC" nd all.
Currently I can play only one game: Age of Mythology".
I play it at max settings possible nd no problems in it.
I can not even install any other games like:
UT04, FarCry, HL2, Doom3,NFS UG1 nd 2, POPWW etc.
It shows errors like data transfer eroor.

Also most archives are not working properly especially with the ones with ".cab" files in it. It shows CRC error while extracting.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
You may like to connect 256 MB RAM and check if there is no problem with your Hard Drives.
CRC or I/O errors make me incline more towards HDD or CD Drive problem.Check it

super_i_man

Broken In
try using some other mother board. and see if x86 arcitecture is supported by Shempron and Asus mobo. boss read product documentations first, may have some info.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
None of my friends have AMD systems, so I cant check it on some other mobo. What I can do is to take it to the shop for warranty.

What would happed if I sent the mobo for warranty nd the problem is not for the mobo? ie If there is any problem in senting a healthy component for warranty? Do I have to pay for senting? or the shopkeeper would handle it?[sorry for asking such silly question, but plz answer me].

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
It is definitely your RAM... I faced the same prob on sumone's comp the other day...he had the same mobo with a sempron 2200

super_i_man

Broken In
aravind_n20 said:
None of my friends have AMD systems, so I cant check it on some other mobo. What I can do is to take it to the shop for warranty.

What would happed if I sent the mobo for warranty nd the problem is not for the mobo? ie If there is any problem in senting a healthy component for warranty? Do I have to pay for senting? or the shopkeeper would handle it?[sorry for asking such silly question, but plz answer me].

the mobo may be factory perfect but if it is not built for something than u cant force it to do so. see some branded system with AMD sempron and see what mobo they have and the model no. and check it on the companys website.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@teknoPhobia
Ive 2 ram modules. Ive tried both of it independantly, but the problem persists. Im Im gonna confirm the problem is with the mobo nd going for claiming the warranty?
My doubt is whether tha company identifies the problem?. There is no other problem like hanging, or instability. So if the comany would just check it nd return it sayink the board is OK?

AlienTech

In the zone
Have you checked your ram? run memtest and other programs that test the ram. Although I have never faced ram problems before, now with all the power fluctuations and all, ram modules seem to have lots of problems. I am not sure why, since the computer is powered off most of the time when such things take place but I lost 4 modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom