strange operator logo, Opera mini problem, suggest a new phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

amc888

India rocks
Friends,

1. I am currently using Nokia 6070 and using BSNL Excel Anant prepaid connection. My phone displays a strange operator logo (phone displays operator name 'Cellone' twice)like this,
CellOne
CellOne

how can change it to normal "CellOne"?

2. My phone included all the setiings (bsnl wap, bsnl internet, cellone portal) for browsing net. The phone default browser working smoothly. But operamini didnt work in my phone. It displays a message every time "coul not connect to the internet". Is it any additional settings needed?

3. I want a secondary phone. My Budget is around 5K. I like Nokia 3110C. Please suggest another good phones in this price range.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
1. The bigger name is the id of the service provider while the smaller id is the one that is stored in the SIM card. Sometimes some phones display both when detects them to be different from each other. This usually happens while roaming. But if you are in your home network then download an operator logo and use it instead.

2. The settings need to be set to be used by Java app as well. Currently the Opera Mini is using incorrect settings to connect. There is an option in the Settings menu>connectivity, if I am not mistaken.

3. I have stopped suggesting people to buy S40 phones as some of them have buggy firmwares and Nokia does not provide firmware upgrades regularly to these phones. But since there is a lack of other good phones in this budget, you might as well go with 3110c, hoping you don't experience any problems.

manusag

Journeyman
as for 1st query me too facing the same problem in airtel. I am not on roaming and even switched off the cell info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom