Strange opera slowdown problem.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I was browsing for sometime then suddenly the net went off.Then when again it came back and i tried to open a site using opera google search engine.(pls refer the image)Generally i use that only for searching.
*img571.imageshack.us/img571/6163/15100773.jpg

1.It said the browser is no longer supported and gave an option to update.
2.I did and saved the downloaded file on the desktop.
3.When i double clicked that file after few secs it just vanished.But still opera gave same message.
4.I repeated the steps again but in vain.
5.Then i restarted the system.Now if i dont connect to the internet the system works fine but if i connect after few secs it slows down too much.Task manager shows 100% cpu usage.Even it takes ages to refresh.

I am on windows 7 ultimate (dual boot) sp1.

Last edited:
OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
There is a certain program called svhost.exe showing usage of 98% of cpu.When i delete that it works fine.

But now i even cant get a connection to the net it is not allowing.
kaspersky couldnt find any virus too.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^unfortunately that is turned off.Any more ideas infact task manager shows there are many svhost programs running.But deleting that particular one solves the problem but then it prevents the net access.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@quan chi, download & scan using emsisoft antimalware. if you can't (size is 110Mb + updates), download McAfee AVERT Stinger & give a quick scan (6Mb only).

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^i used MalwareBytes it worked.But it seems it is unable to delete that file because i am getting this message randomly
*img847.imageshack.us/img847/2001/25943587.jpg
(The port keeps on changing)
even after doing full system scan and removing the ,malicious items.Can anybody please help in deleting that file completely.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
try runnning the mrt tool in safe mode and do a complete system scan go to start run >"mrt>ok
alternatively u can download the tool from here
The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows XP

Krow

Crowman
Avast! anti virus has a boot time scan feature. You could run that. It scans the PC before the PC boots.

Top Bottom