Strange Display problem in vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabhsun

Broken In
Hi
I have windowsvista with a viewsonic lcd
The problem is that all-of-a-sudden the screen started having fast-moving pixels like in the pics:

*imageavenue.info/images/kxt4d4h6fhsgo8dic58t.jpg
(using snipingtool)

*imageavenue.info/images/1ih2ccwn61t7hcdcozv.jpg
(using printscreen key)

What i can tell till now:
~the pixels where everywhere and increased wherever moving display(like usage bar, movie playing)
~this problem occured only once before, weeks ago
~both of the times i was playing movie on kmplayer
~turning lcd off-on didnt solve problem,,so, i think not a fault of lcd
~i turned pc to 'sleep' and on wake up, everything fine and the problem did not come again, wierd??

PLEASE HELP (any future forecasting?? virus??)

paroh

Padawan
1)First try to update ur graphic card drivers to the latest one. if it works its ok

otherwise

2)Try to change the resolution and the refresh rate of ur monitor

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
~i turned pc to 'sleep' and on wake up, everything fine and the problem did not come again, wierd??
This is a driver issue. I too face a similar but more severe problem while playing movies in my laptop. The display completely goes haywire and I have to put the lappt on standby and wake it up again.

BTW whats the gfx processor you have ?

OP
S

saurabhsun

Broken In
i have nvidia geforce 8500gt 512mb

the drivers were up-to-date
the monitor is viewsonic vg2030wm suppoting 59-60hz refresh rate which is currently set at 60hz
is it ok??
what would be difference at 59hz???????

Last edited:

ECE0105

In the zone
Same problem happening with me as well.

XFX 8600GT (512Mb DDR2) and Samsung 19" Widescreen.

After I get such pixels, the screen turns blank and get an error that the Display Driver service failed and has been restarted. System freezes after 1 hour of use, then again, no such problems in XP, unless Playing NFS Carbon, Hitman Blood Money and GTA San Andreas.
I guess problem is with the Graphics Card. Need to give it to the Service Center so that they can check and let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom