Strange Connectivity Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
In my Dell Studio 15 laptop, whenever I access the the public WiFi network of my computer center, it works but as soon as I plug in the Cross-LAN cable to share the same Internet and network, my laptop disconnects from Internet as it gives precedence to LAN card over WiFi. Anyway to keep them both working and thus sharing the same network between the 2 ?

din

Tribal Boy
Just curious - The wifi in your computer center is provided just for internet and not for internal network ?

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Its for both. I'm using Vista and when I connect via WiFi, the Connection Center shows Internet connectivity but as soon as I plug in the LAN cable in the Ethernet port, its doesn't disconnects the WiFi connection but shows no Internet connectivity.

din

Tribal Boy
OK, if it is for both, I mean internet plus internal network access, why using LAN cable ?

I know you asked for a solution of using wi-fi and LAN and this is not the exact answer, but just checking why you are not using wi-fi for both ?

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Look, there r 2 floors. Lower floor has full Internet and LAN connectivity while upper has only LAN and that too independent, it is not connected to the LAN of the lower floor. What I want to do is to use the Internet from the lower LAN thru my laptop's WiFi and provide access to the computers of the upper LAN via my laptop's Ethernet. Configuring it further ain't the problem, THE problem is to get both the networks working simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom