avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
i have a 3G data plan of vodafone. It is 2GB for 199. The SIM is in DATA DONGLE of HUWAEI. Now while surfing or downloading the network meter Gadget shows both download speed and Upload speed. But i am not uploading anything. Why is it showing then? Does that count get added to the total usage ? i want to stop this unnecessary upload until i myself upload something. Pls suggest.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
My goodness that is also an upload. OK. But strangely after connecting to NET but not opening any browser i can still find in the gadget that upload graph is working. Any explanation?

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
where to chk and what to check? Automatic updates takes place only in case of Antivirus and windows. That depends on my confirmation.

Hrishi

Go to command prompt and use the comman "NETSTAT" , check for the applications currently accessing the net.
Even when at idle , data is being used by several background applications for purpose of update , etc.

Try to kill the background applications/process that are using your net as per NETSTAT. Infact disable their startup in "msconfig" if you don't wanna continue with them everytime.

Hrishi

Buddy , try this command.
"NETSTAT -b" and post the screenshot. Make sure you run this as administrator , since it requires raised privilleges.

Also post the screenshot of your Taskmanager process .
This will help in indentifying the cause.

The port number 1110 was actually flagged as a VIRUS/Trojan earlier.Although most of them use high value random ports.
I think "-b" command will be more useful.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i have a 3G data plan of vodafone. It is 2GB for 199. The SIM is in DATA DONGLE of HUWAEI. Now while surfing or downloading the network meter Gadget shows both download speed and Upload speed. But i am not uploading anything. Why is it showing then? Does that count get added to the total usage ? i want to stop this unnecessary upload until i myself upload something. Pls suggest.

the count gets added like this
total charge = total download + total upload. :cool:

that's y I hate the MB based plan.user has to pay for upload also :twisted:

u can stop the upload by stopping services which are using the upload slot.
use the above suggestions

Top Bottom