Steam

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No, I only played dota 2 from the past month did no other steam related activities.
However I clicked some links shared under pc deals thread regarding some deals yesterday night (around 10) and when i reached home I was unable to login. When i checked my mail i had message at 10 pm yesterday that my email has been changed. Also I have steam security on, so when some one tries to login from new PC it sends a verification code, I didnt receive that too. The e-mail was changed bypassing it. BTW my e-mail is not hacked (though i changed the pwd anyway). Dont understand how they got through.
Also recently I used using Dotabuff, which asks for steam login credentials to login. However I have been using it since 2012 (though not regulary)

You said you clicked some links shared under PC deals thread. Is that on this forum? Can you be specific what links you clicked?
If any of the links leads to some suspicious sites, it needs to be removed right away.

You said you clicked some links shared under PC deals thread. Is that on this forum? Can you be specific what links you clicked?
If any of the links leads to some suspicious sites, it needs to be removed right away.

Hi, I did some more research, the links i clicked were after the account was hacked, after almost and hour. So they are not related. Also they are from respectable sites, like GMG and PCgamer.
I apologize for causing the false alarm. i will remove that sentence from my previous post.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well that's ok. But do take precautions that your steam isn't 'hacked' again. :)

Happy playing.

I got back my steam account 2 days back. None of my games or items are missing as per my knowledge. I did not expect it to be resolved so quickly...

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
New steam messenger worm crawling around

*i.imgur.com/tTnK6Lb.png

More Info : Reddit Steam

I got a message like this,(first two lines) I accidentally clicked it but it is blocked by my anti-virus

amjath

Human Spambot
^i too click it since it is just a image file. It for downloaded, without seeing extension I clicked it. Couldn't open it. Deles it right away. Will it cause problem

snap

Lurker
Yep don't download any files which you get spammed. I think whoever clicks it automatically sends it to everyone on their friend list.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
^i too click it since it is just a image file. It for downloaded, without seeing extension I clicked it. Couldn't open it. Deles it right away. Will it cause problem

Scan for malwares and viruses.. Change your steam password and email password from another PC. If you dont have any steam items or gifts, then you are safe though :)

gameranand

Living to Play
The first thing I ask when someone gives me a link is WTF is this ?? If the person is able to reply then OK, or I just ignore it.
As for spammers, I don't really get that many. :D Only 1 or 2 times I guess.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I was in a mood to take advantage of Steam sales. But already had lots of games in my library. So I went on the hunt to find cheapest and greatest games of all times. Finally bought these:

Game
Orig PriceNew PriceLink
Puzzler World4.990.49Save 90% on Puzzler World on Steam
Race The Sun9.992.99Save 70% on Race The Sun on Steam
Introversion Complete Pack19.991.99Save 90% on Introversion Complete Pack on Steam
LYNE2.990.89Save 70% on LYNE on Steam
Puzzle Dimension2.990.74Save 75% on Puzzle Dimension on Steam
RACE On Bundle16.993.39Save 80% on RACE On Bundle on Steam
Ricochet4.992.49Save 50% on Ricochet on Steam
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream5.591.49Save 75% on I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream on Steam
Puzzler World 24.990.49Save 90% on Puzzler World 2 on Steam
Total

Saving: About 80%

What I couldn't buy but wanted to: Wolfstein 3D (since discount was only 50% :p) and Shift 2 Unleashed.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
So I was in a mood to take advantage of Steam sales. But already had lots of games in my library. So I went on the hunt to find cheapest and greatest games of all times. Finally bought these:

Game
Orig PriceNew PriceLink
Puzzler World4.990.49Save 90% on Puzzler World on Steam
Race The Sun9.992.99Save 70% on Race The Sun on Steam
Introversion Complete Pack19.991.99Save 90% on Introversion Complete Pack on Steam
LYNE2.990.89Save 70% on LYNE on Steam
Puzzle Dimension2.990.74Save 75% on Puzzle Dimension on Steam
RACE On Bundle16.993.39Save 80% on RACE On Bundle on Steam
Ricochet4.992.49Save 50% on Ricochet on Steam
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream5.591.49Save 75% on I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream on Steam
Puzzler World 24.990.49Save 90% on Puzzler World 2 on Steam
Total

Saving: About 80%

What I couldn't buy but wanted to: Wolfstein 3D (since discount was only 50% :p) and Shift 2 Unleashed.

Get this too. Its only 50% off, but its a great game. I played when it was still just a mod on ModDB : *store.steampowered.com/app/221910/

Top Bottom