Steam

gameranand

Living to Play
Hey, can we buy Steam game using a Russian VPN/ IP address? I know trading is not allowed but can we make purchases? Rouble is dirt cheap!

Short answer NO. Explanation given below.
Even if you somehow manage to do it then also you won't be able to activate the game to your account. You see there is a activation restriction on all the games, means games bought in Russia can only be activated in Russian account, once activated they are playable anywhere. Now again VPN won't help because your Steam account is attached to the first purchase country and in our case, India. Also not to mention there are ban probability from steam on your account if you try these methods. Don't try it. :)

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Se can we create a new Russian Steam account, purchase and activate using thta that account and then gift the game to out primary account?

If you manage to buy games from russian account, you can just activate the game via VPN. -OR- make a mule account buy and activate games on that account and family share it to primary account. So not much risk also!

gameranand

Living to Play
If you manage to buy games from russian account, you can just activate the game via VPN. -OR- make a mule account buy and activate games on that account and family share it to primary account. So not much risk also!

Can't activate game on your Indian account. Only option is family sharing.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Do remember though your account may be locked for using VPN. I've heard people being banned for using VPNs to purchase games. Especially when they frequently switch between VPN and normal internet.

Buying from VPN is against TOS. Your profile may be locked.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
quick question:
are games available to buy in both origin & steam or they are only sold on any one?

If you buy on Steam, you get only on Steam. If you buy on Origin, then only on Origin.

Also, some games which are available on both clients have to be purchased separately to use in both of them.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
ok this may be noobish but i've been using steam from a lot of time but how to use those skins and weapons for F2Ps like TF2?

Top Bottom