striker_rage

Journeyman
Keeping aside the fact that remastered versions of Bioshock are HUGE, I am glad it did release. Wait is over now!
I have played the original a bit, and knew it was a good game to wait for remastered.

This is probably the most important thing said in the discussion. The fact that they gave the remastered game for free is a big thing and we should be grateful for it nonetheless.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Think of space concerns for ppl with single ssd (me)

I have to save all games files in an external hdd and copy paste swap games when I feel like playing any one of them :/

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Think of space concerns for ppl with single ssd (me)

I have to save all games files in an external hdd and copy paste swap games when I feel like playing any one of them :/

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

>Has SSD
>Has high bandwidth internet
>Too many games in Steam account.

First World Problems :p

masterkd

Padawan
Bioshock 1 (2007 game): Original size 8GB, Remastered 25GB.
Bioshock 2 (2010 game): Original size 11GB, Remastered 25GB.

Devs have no respect for storage these days and are taking things for granted is what I feel. Not sure if they are at least trying to optimize on storage front or just assuming everyone has disks in multiple TBs so why the heck bother about it.

Now I am a bit confused. I just started downloading both the games.
Bioshock 12.5 GB
Bioshock 2 11.3 GB
Anything changed in between while I was in office?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Bioshock 12.5 GB
Bioshock 2 11.3 GB
That could be the final install size and yours is the download size

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

striker_rage

Journeyman
Bioshock 12.5 GB
Bioshock 2 11.3 GB

you sure you're downloading remastered collection? Mine still shows high gb size. It will be Bioshock 2 Remastered and Bioshock 1 Remastered in lib.

Killing Machine
Bioshock 12.5 GB
Bioshock 2 11.3 GB
Are these the download sizes for remastered versions? Disk usage would be ~21 for each actually. And their recommended disk free space is 25GB for each.

Killing Machine
See below
Yeah, so that would be the download size. Installed size is what we were all talking about. As Bioshock Remastered is completed for you, check the folder size of it.

Can I still buy the original versions?
Yes, actually there are separate Steam pages for each respective game. For example Bioshock 2 and Bioshock 2 Remastered, but they both sell the same package that contains both. This is applicable for B2:Minerva's Den DLC also.

masterkd

Padawan
Yeah, so that would be the download size. Installed size is what we were all talking about. As Bioshock Remastered is completed for you, check the folder size of it.
Bioshock Remastered install size 20.6 GB
Bioshock 2 Remastered install size 19.9 GB

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think those who don't have the DLC won't get it. But they can purchase it separately.

I don't have Minerva's Den, but I got the remastered version. However in the Minerva's Den steam page it shows up for sale with the message "Includes Minerva's Den for both Bioshock 2 and Bioshock 2 Remastered".

Killing Machine
Ehm. Does Bioshock 2 Remaster contains Minerva's Den DLC for all, just Minerva's Den DLC owners, or none ??
They made the free upgrade in a different way than what I had in mind before. The free upgrade is not exclusive to existing owners before the release of remastered. They made separate remastered store pages for the main games as well as Minerva DLC but merged the remastered games with their corresponding original steamid packages. So to your question - whoever owned Minerva DLC before will get Minerva DLC remastered now. Whoever buys Minerva DLC hereafter will get both original and remastered.

In short, its like this now -
*i.imgur.com/laRQFpB.jpg

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
But how different are the graphics? Are they really something better? If so, how better? Because the originals looked pretty good IMHO.

[strike]Also, is the remastered running on a new engine or the same old Unreal Engine 2.5 of the original?[/strike] According to this article, its running the old Unreal Engine 2.5, not UE3 or UE4.

gameranand

Living to Play
But how different are the graphics? Are they really something better? If so, how better? Because the originals looked pretty good IMHO.

[strike]Also, is the remastered running on a new engine or the same old Unreal Engine 2.5 of the original?[/strike] According to this article, its running the old Unreal Engine 2.5, not UE3 or UE4.
Haven't played the remaster myself so can't say much about it.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
According to this reddit thread: BioShock Remaster comparison screenshots : Bioshoc the differences are not much and in fact the remastered looks worse in some cases.

Original:
*i.imgur.com/QObKxg2.jpg

Remastered:
*i.imgur.com/Cd2mpYn.jpg

Original:
*i.imgur.com/W1UHn2u.jpg

Remastered:
*i.imgur.com/1fbE0Ba.jpg

Top Bottom