TheSloth

The Slowest One
yeah. But i am not a gamer. just play simple games like NFS and FIFA. HL series i will never be able to complete. Till now i couldnt complete Project IGI(first game), after that i gave up on FPS/RPG. Only RPG i have finished is DMC3 with the help of youtube walkthroughs

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yeah. But i am not a gamer. just play simple games like NFS and FIFA. HL series i will never be able to complete. Till now i couldnt complete Project IGI(first game), after that i gave up on FPS/RPG. Only RPG i have finished is DMC3 with the help of youtube walkthroughs

ehm, DMC3 isnt a RPG

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
lol. then i am not a gamer at all

I thought Role Playing Game is in which we play as a character like Dante
Role playing game is where you play a role yourself. Make your own choices as to how you develop your character, how you mould the game world with you choices, etc.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Killing Machine
Bioshock 1 (2007 game): Original size 8GB, Remastered 25GB.
Bioshock 2 (2010 game): Original size 11GB, Remastered 25GB.

Devs have no respect for storage these days and are taking things for granted is what I feel. Not sure if they are at least trying to optimize on storage front or just assuming everyone has disks in multiple TBs so why the heck bother about it.

striker_rage

Journeyman
Bioshock 1 (2007 game): Original size 8GB, Remastered 25GB.
Bioshock 2 (2010 game): Original size 11GB, Remastered 25GB.

Devs have no respect for storage these days and are taking things for granted is what I feel. Not sure if they are at least trying to optimize on storage front or just assuming everyone has disks in multiple TBs so why the heck bother about it.

I am more concerned about bandwidth issues rather than hdd space it takes as India has FUP and other sorts of problems and broadband is in a very bad state in India. So size of the game is my secondary concern but it is a concern nonetheless.

masterkd

Padawan
I am more concerned about bandwidth issues rather than hdd space it takes as India has FUP and other sorts of problems and broadband is in a very bad state in India. So size of the game is my secondary concern but it is a concern nonetheless.
Considering the internet situation of some other countries like US, most of Europe, South Korea, Japan, Australia I don't blame them for not considering bandwidth woes in India. However the size difference between the original and remastered is a concern. Even when the add HD textures and commentary it should not be more than three fold. AFAIK they did not include more gameplay content.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

striker_rage

Journeyman
Considering the internet situation of some other countries like US, most of Europe, South Korea, Japan, Australia I don't blame them for not considering bandwidth woes in India. However the size difference between the original and remastered is a concern. Even when the add HD textures and commentary it should not be more than three fold. AFAIK they did not include more gameplay content.

Totally agreed with what you said and [MENTION=135367]007[/MENTION] said.

I have now put a secondary hdd for game files so that I don't need to download the game again just like [MENTION=135367]007[/MENTION] does. 25gb takes a couple of days on full 24hr pc download for me. Thus the bandwidth, internet speed & FUP concern.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

obviously not.. its just a remastered release, with the textures upgraded and few more relevant graphical options thrown in. maybe the audio is remastered as well. that would explain the higher storage requirement.
but yes, i concur that they should have a higher compression installation package for digital distribution in low bandwidth countries like india. once the installer and packages are downloaded, it can be unpacked to its original size.

- - - Updated - - -

WB games having a 75% off on all its titles.

bought Mad Max @ 294.

Killing Machine
However the size difference between the original and remastered is a concern. Even when the add HD textures and commentary it should not be more than three fold. AFAIK they did not include more gameplay content.
Yeah, precisely the point I was stressing in my post.

Sent from my RN3

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor []Save 75% on Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition on Stea GOTY is 247.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Keeping aside the fact that remastered versions of Bioshock are HUGE, I am glad it did release. Wait is over now!
I have played the original a bit, and knew it was a good game to wait for remastered.

Top Bottom