chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Steam Summer Sale 2016 — Steam Spy — Mediu

These 1,592 games moved 36.8 million copies!

This year Steam Summer Sale generated $223.2M in revenue.

An average discount this year was 50%, instead of the 66.67% from last year.

Steam Summer Sale made 40% more money this year.

An average discount was 50% and less discounted titles seem to have brought more revenue.

Killing Machine
Can i use my India steam account to buy and play games from US steam ?
When you say Indian steam account it just means that your current country and payment method is set to India and supported Indian payment methods respectively. If you want to change to US and buy games from US store, you just have to change your country and add a US based payment method with US billing address for verification of country change.

Sent from my RN3

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
When you say Indian steam account it just means that your current country and payment method is set to India and supported Indian payment methods respectively. If you want to change to US and buy games from US store, you just have to change your country and add a US based payment method with US billing address for verification of country change.

Sent from my RN3
What I meant was...can I play US steam games bought in US ?

do I need two accounts for playing games in US and India ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
You cannot activate region locked games in a country where that game was not meant to be activated.

Yes I know

lets say I am in US and have access to Steam account (as I change the country in settings)
and buy a game in $.

and if I move back to India and log in to my account...will the game is playable ?

Killing Machine
Yes I know

lets say I am in US and have access to Steam account (as I change the country in settings)
and buy a game in $.

and if I move back to India and log in to my account...will the game is playable ?
Ok, now you are being clear with your use-case (your previous response was ambiguous in a way as well). The answer is yes. You will be able to play the games purchased on the same account while you are in US and will also be able to play them back in India if you return and revert the store setting because US is one of the region-free Steam stores.

Also note that, all your current game licenses that have a IN tag (check your account - - > licenses and activation details) will most likely be unplayable in the US. Not all games that have IN tag but few that have run-lock enabled for Indian IP. If you still want to play those games in the US, you need to contact Steam support to force remove those game licenses from your account (no refunds and stuff here) and buy the same game again in US and play.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Sent from my RN3

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Ok, now you are being clear with your use-case (your previous response was ambiguous in a way as well). The answer is yes. You will be able to play the games purchased on the same account while you are in US and will also be able to play them back in India if you return and revert the store setting because US is one of the region-free Steam stores.

Also note that, all your current game licenses that have a IN tag (check your account - - > licenses and activation details) will most likely be unplayable in the US. Not all games that have IN tag but few that have run-lock enabled for Indian IP. If you still want to play those games in the US, you need to contact Steam support to force remove those game licenses from your account (no refunds and stuff here) and buy the same game again in US and play.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Sent from my RN3
Possible to play sp offline?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
I have no idea TBH. Did not try this yet. But my guess is that if SP offline is possible then it probably defeats the purpose of the run lock. So I'm just guessing no.

Sent from my RN3

afaik run lock is only for games brought retail, for example csgo which u buy from flipkart, amazon etc cannot be played outside india , but if you buy from steam store its fine, since i have tested on this game i know about the case regarding csgo, the rest well u have to manually check steamdb i guess

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Steamworks DRM is same for games. First launch has to be done when pc is online and later you can play. If game has other 3rd party drm that needs you to be online, then you need to be online. Nowadays after the introduction of inr pricing, you can only activate steam purchased games in India. In DVD, depending on which game, it may or may not have restrictions.

If one travels abroad, the version of the game they've activated on their account can be playable. Just don't use VPN as it may get your accounts banned.

Killing Machine
If one travels abroad, the version of the game they've activated on their account can be playable.
Nope, not necessarily. What was being discussed is the run lock. There is a tag called onlyallowrunincountries which devs can use to enable and set it to India for a game. If you have such a tagged license purchased and activated in your account, you will not be able to launch the game from outside India.

Sent from my RN3

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Many times I have seen that run lock games also run in other countries when provided proof of identity. But this is not the case with all the games, I think at last it comes down to Developer about what kind of Lock they want to implement in their games. Steam just provide the tools for the task.

Top Bottom