Steam

gameranand

Living to Play
When and if it does, I'm sure they will have a Plan B. Piracy is a ***** and anything to prevent that, I'm for.

On the contrary they say that pc game cracking will become impossible by 2018. (Google it)

Pros of this: console exclusives will come to pc. ( hell yeah finally )
Cons: DRM and possibly performance killer. ( I still dream GOG taking over the game distribution world)

China team of hackers 3DM gave up cracking for a year ever since they released denuvo. They say that it takes around a month to crack denuvo and publishers claim that major sales already happen by 1 month, so it serves its purpose.

Denuvo constantly generates 64bit encryption keys for the game exe itself, leading to prevention of tampering of the exe. Hence you need a dynamic crack. Also possibly this dynamic key generation contributing to excess writes to drive?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Yes I understand that but you see, the people who actually buy games get in trouble because of these extreme measures. I mean you are troubling your actual customers just to delay being pirated.
Yes I saw the report of 3DM as well and its good but not at the cost of performance drop.
People who buy games will always buy games and people who don't will not. Duration doesn't matter much, I am not so sure about it though because I don't have proof. I am just saying this by self experience from friends and myself as well.
For example, I really wanted to play DAI but don't have a budget for it so I just skipped it, when I can afford it on discounts then I'll buy it. Until then I won't be playing that game.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Have anyone seen extra writes on your ssd due to denuvo? (RoTR, Hitman beta, JC3, fifa16, etc)

Why run it from ssd in the first place lol?

Unless its your only drive

I have JC3 and I run it from HDD so I can't say much about extra writes

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Why run it from ssd in the first place lol?

Unless its your only drive

I have JC3 and I run it from HDD so I can't say much about extra writes
Exactly. Well you must know that most laptops nowadays come with enough space for a single physical drive.

BTW I find it a very silly question - why install a game on ssd? Really? You dunno why?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Haven't seen that much disk usage when playing JC3 so can't say tbh
You can't say about writes from disk usage. All it could take is a few milli seconds to write to an ssd. So you will see average disk usage at 0% when it can write in that period as well.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Exactly. Well you must know that most laptops nowadays come with enough space for a single physical drive.

BTW I find it a very silly question - why install a game on ssd? Really? You dunno why?

I know why (Have FO4 and GTA5 on SSD)

If you want I could run JC3 from ssd and show a before and after read and writes

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
You can't say about writes from disk usage. All it could take is a few milli seconds to write to an ssd. So you will see average disk usage at 0% when it can write in that period as well.

I run JC3 from HDD and also have setup a disk monitoring gadget so I get to know the disk usage every second

Also I play in windowed mode so I can monitor it

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I run JC3 from HDD and also have setup a disk monitoring gadget so I get to know the disk usage every second

Also I play in windowed mode so I can monitor it
Well good then. Haven't played JC3 but have played RoTR and Hitman beta, and I did see a big number of written bytes suddenly one day after some 20 hours of playing them. Now it could as well have been Windows updates (thank you msoft for hiding sudden updates in win 10- they don't even prompt for downloads anymore).

And then I came across this article about denuvo today talking about random writes and hence thought of asking you guys- if Any of you have noticed anything like this.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Denuvo is probably like VAC. The performance drops should be similar to VAC. Now can you complain about VAC?
Is it like vac? Denuvo keeps working on the exe while it's running, generating encryption keys for it and checking. Vac doesn't only check your exe right but your byte streams sent and received as well?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
The point is that there are like a 100 other processes running in the background and no one seems to care about that but Denuvo suddenly gets so much attention. I think it's a pretty good software if it becomes uncrackable for 3 or more months. Finally we can get more good AAA single player games. Most AAA publishers focus on creating multiplayer games for PC just to avoid piracy.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I like Denuvo as it reduces piracy. But the problem is that a**hole publishers increase the price of games in India due to reduction in piracy. I can't allow that :(

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
I like Denuvo as it reduces piracy. But the problem is that a**hole publishers increase the price of games in India due to reduction in piracy. I can't allow that :(
Not all publishers have increased thier prices

Except EA and Ubisoft

Kaltrops

In the zone
Rise of the Tomb Raider and Hitman use Denuvo. Both with a Rs 999 launch price.

Nothing to do with Denuvo. That's just pure publisher greed.

gameranand

Living to Play
I don't really have any problem with any DRM as long as it doesn't affect the game performance. If it does then it should be discouraged.
Yes its good that piracy is declining which might bring us more games from console exclusive. Its very unfortunate that publishers have became more greedy when they are selling more.

Kaltrops

In the zone
I don't really have any problem with any DRM as long as it doesn't affect the game performance. If it does then it should be discouraged.
Yes its good that piracy is declining which might bring us more games from console exclusive. Its very unfortunate that publishers have became more greedy when they are selling more.
Yup, thanks to these encryption techs, Xbox One exclusives are coming to Windows 10. I can't wait for Quantum Break and Gears of War 4.

Top Bottom