Steam

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Hey all,

Just a reminder that Escrow starts on 9th, meaning if you haven't activated your Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator, you probably should do so NOW if you don't want Valve to hold on to your items for a few days.

MEANING.
Steam Trade Restrictions WILL apply if you're using mobile authenticator for the first time, or any authenticator for that matter, you'll get locked out of trading for 7 days. (correct me if I'm wrong).

MEANING
This is your LAST day to activate any authenticator without getting poked from the behind due to the 7 day trade restriction thing.

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NO PHONES, OR SMARTPHONES
There's always other alternatives, like an iPad, Samsung Tab, that sort of nonsense. OR you can use the Windows Desktop thingy.

Escrow is coming.
Get them Fallout shelters ready for the nukes.

avanildutta

Journeyman
Hello guys, i have never bought digital game codes previously via cards.. always have bought boxed copies from online stores and redeemed them in origin/steam etc. Since the steam india pricing are so tempting want to buy few games.. tried using my sbi gold visa debit card.. didnt work, said transaction declined by bank. Want to know is sbi visa debit accepted in steam.. have union bank visa debit card too.. havent tried that yet.. any help wil be much appreciated..

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Hello guys, i have never bought digital game codes previously via cards.. always have bought boxed copies from online stores and redeemed them in origin/steam etc. Since the steam india pricing are so tempting want to buy few games.. tried using my sbi gold visa debit card.. didnt work, said transaction declined by bank. Want to know is sbi visa debit accepted in steam.. have union bank visa debit card too.. havent tried that yet.. any help wil be much appreciated..
Buy steam wallet codes from gamermall or gamersgift and redeem wallet code on steam. They will send you the code via email.

Then buy games using your steam wallet.

Don't buy games now, wait for winter sale - discounts will be steep hopefully.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Most private banks' visa, mastercard cards would work, public/govt sector banks' cards will not

avanildutta

Journeyman
Should union bank of india work. If not which card is advisable to get if i opt for.. that can be used in steam/ origin, etc..

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Whats escrow? I have never done any items trading nor do i plan to do so in the future!! So do I still need to activate the authenticator?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Can we tie Origin and Steam? So that all my origin games are automatically imported to Steam??
Lol. Not a chance. They are different companies- different store fronts, different revenue. How would it be possible?

Some instances you get origin keys from games purchased on steam. But not vice versa. EA(origin) are very greedy!

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Should union bank of india work. If not which card is advisable to get if i opt for.. that can be used in steam/ origin, etc..

Union Bank visa debit card with international transaction approved does work with steam. Just check with your branch whether it has international usage or not.

Top Bottom