Steam

D

Deleted member 118788

Gta V is not really an RPG actually. It's more like open world adventure with RPG elements.

Skyrim, oblivion, witcher, mass effect, fallout these are pure rpgs.

Then it seems I have not played a RPG game yet in my life. :lol: Maybe Witcher will be the first of mine.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Farcry 4 - > its just an open world sandbox game.. with RPG elements
GTA 5 -> Just an open sandbox game

almost all RPGs have these things in common ->
stats that you increase for character progression (not just perks, like in FC4) .. This is the primary game mechanic in RPG Games
multiple branching storylines

Mass Effect is also not a true RPG, its a 3rd person shooter with RPG elements

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Its not even RPG elements, its just an open world sandbox game..

almost all RPGs have these things in common ->
stats that you increase for character progression (not perks, like in FC4)
multiple branching storylines

Mass Effect is also not a true RPG, its a 3rd person shooter with RPG elements
Mass effect not RPG? Are you serious? The entire game runs on the choices you make. Even the games ending is based on what you choose. And have I forgotten the fact that you make Shepherd as you like. That it role playing brother.

Not so much Far cry or gta that have fixed endings.

When I say RPG elements it means few like character progression.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Mass effect not RPG? Are you serious? The entire game runs on the choices you make. Even the games ending is based on what you choose. And have I forgotten the fact that you make Shepherd as you like. That it role playing brother.

Not so much Far cry or gta that have fixed endings.

When I say RPG elements it means few like character progression.

yes you are right about that one, I seemed to have forgotten Mass Effect 1 too had stats and a lot of things that was the primary game mechanic that was dumbified in ME3 ..

beingGamer

In the zone
Returned 'Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt' to Steam in protest against 'rising intolerance' in India

Other thing, I managed to start Loadout by disabling DX11
I was able to play only Human vs bots matches is there any other mode?

bippukt

In the zone
I bought Witcher 3 but I found it really annoying with the amount of dialogs in it.
Crafting etc looks complicated as well

Dialogs are an integral part of any RPG game, but crafting is perfectly optional. You don't need to craft anything, at least not before the highest difficulty setting.

Top Bottom