aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Anyone when is Steam Controller launching? Specially in India?
I need to buy a controller, and I don't want to buy XBox controller if Steam Controller is around the corner!
Get Xbox controller. That way if you ever get Xbox one it will be useful both ways.

Steam hardware is overpriced in India as is.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Made a giveaway for Spellforce Complete at Steamgifts. Link at siggy, please enter.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Get Xbox controller. That way if you ever get Xbox one it will be useful both ways.

Steam hardware is overpriced in India as is.

I have no intention of getting Xbox anytime sooner. I believe in PCs. Glorious PC Master Race! :D

But Steam controller would work with PC ain't it? XBox controller is over priced as well. I don't think Steam controller could be any costlier. It's priced $50 outside. Can't be more than Rs 4k here at most.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I have no intention of getting Xbox anytime sooner. I believe in PCs. Glorious PC Master Race! :D

But Steam controller would work with PC ain't it? XBox controller is over priced as well. I don't think Steam controller could be any costlier. It's priced $50 outside. Can't be more than Rs 4k here at most.
Point is, most games have been optimised well for Xbox controller on windows. Dunno so much about steam ctrlr and compatibility with games outside steam.

As for price, well you just have to wait and see then.

bippukt

In the zone
Not to mention it pumps out 3 trading cards, so you can actually earn a few bucks from this game. :p

I think I have found the secret of your high level on Steam :-D

Klei entertainment sale.

Shank games at ₹55 each!

Damn why did I buy it before :(

Don't starve is also dirt cheap. Though the bundle price for don't starve is not up even though individual all are up.

What we need is the Talent for Foretelling! I bought Witcher 3 for 1499 for my Birthday, and it was going for 825 now. And I have played it for less than 20 hours still.

Made a giveaway for Spellforce Complete at Steamgifts. Link at siggy, please enter.

I am getting this error: This giveaway is restricted to the following region: India :-o

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I have found the secret of your high level on Steam :-D

What we need is the Talent for Foretelling! I bought Witcher 3 for 1499 for my Birthday, and it was going for 825 now. And I have played it for less than 20 hours still.

I am getting this error: This giveaway is restricted to the following region: India :-o

Well, that level is not high at all, some of the guys have astronomical levels. And I don't craft much, apart from the Holiday sales when Steam gives special trading cards.

The giveaway is giving an error cause it is restricted to India. Where are you located?

bippukt

In the zone
Well, that level is not high at all, some of the guys have astronomical levels. And I don't craft much, apart from the Holiday sales when Steam gives special trading cards.

The giveaway is giving an error cause it is restricted to India. Where are you located?

I am in India :razz:

Anyway, it doesn't matter much.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check your SG account whether the store region is reflecting India or not (it should).

D

Deleted member 118788

Does anybody which is the best download region for steam? I have switched from Mumbai to USA - Washington in settings and my download speeds have increased from 1.8 MB/s to 2.2 MB/s.

Edit: Switched to UK - Manchester and now I am getting 2.7 MB/s constant download speed. I am not sure why I am getting less speeds in Steam. I am using getting 6 MB/s everywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 118788

Does anyone here uses Steam Big Picture? I want to connect my pc and play games on the big screen of my TV. My tv is in another room and my pc is another room. Wireless is only the option. Any ideas how can I make it work?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Does anyone here uses Steam Big Picture? I want to connect my pc and play games on the big screen of my TV. My tv is in another room and my pc is another room. Wireless is only the option. Any ideas how can I make it work?
You need a real powerful gpu to render frames at 60fps on your Hi res tv.

What res is your TV and what gpu you got?

D

Deleted member 118788

You need a real powerful gpu to render frames at 60fps on your Hi res tv.

What res is your TV and what gpu you got?

My TV is 42 inch (1920x1080p). I have R9 270X and I am playing on 1440p Monitor with it. I know R9 270X is not enough for 1440p but then again I am not a serious gamer.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
My TV is 42 inch (1920x1080p). I have R9 270X and I am playing on 1440p Monitor with it. I know R9 270X is not enough for 1440p but then again I am not a serious gamer.
Wireless streaming will have some latency based on your connection. Best use an HDMI connection with your gpu to TV.

If that is not possible, you need to use steam home streaming but then again you need a spare pc to do just that

If its a single pc solution you want then the Other option is wireless HDMI streamering but they are very costly.

D

Deleted member 118788

Wireless streaming will have some latency based on your connection. Best use an HDMI connection with your gpu to TV.

If that is not possible, you need to use steam home streaming but then again you need a spare pc to do just that

If its a single pc solution you want then the Other option is wireless HDMI streamering but they are very costly.

HDMI is not possible unless I move the PC near to my TV. I guess then I will skip Big Picture until the wireless options have a better price.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
HDMI is not possible unless I move the PC near to my TV. I guess then I will skip Big Picture until the wireless options have a better price.
As I said. If you can get a spare pc, like an old laptop.

Then get the powerful pc to run the game and stream it to the weaker pc using steam home streaming.

Connect your peripherals (HDMI) between weaker pc and TV and enjoy.

Though you need a very good router and connection to have least input lag.

All in all, gaming is not meant to be displayed and played wirelessly simultaneously

D

Deleted member 118788

As I said. If you can get a spare pc, like an old laptop.

Then get the powerful pc to run the game and stream it to the weaker pc using steam home streaming.

Connect your peripherals (HDMI) between weaker pc and TV and enjoy.

Though you need a very good router and connection to have least input lag.

All in all, gaming is not meant to be displayed and played wirelessly simultaneously

Perfect that works for me as I have a 50 MB/s connection with a good router. :) I can try that.

Top Bottom