Steam

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys even though spellforce and guild collection have such a huge discount, I don't see very good reviews about them.

Any of you getting them?

Spellforce 1 & 2 are okay, they were bundled 2-3 years ago, no idea about the newer ones (the spin-offs of 2), Guild Collection is pretty good IMO but no idea if Steam can run them properly. They are quite old, and for older games I would advise to stick with GOG, unless the Steam version is directly ported from GOG (like the System Shock games).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Planet Explorers is about half price
Space Engineers, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, and Otherland not available in region. Will these eventually be available in region? Or will there be many titles not available in this region at all.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
There should be options to buy a game region locked OR region free. Different prices I guess. But that's probably asking too much.
I think it's assumed, that if a person can do overseas travel, he might also afford to buy the games at US prices.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Planet Explorers is about half price
Space Engineers, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, and Otherland not available in region. Will these eventually be available in region? Or will there be many titles not available in this region at all.
Depends on publishers. Not steam.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
There should be options to buy a game region locked OR region free. Different prices I guess. But that's probably asking too much.
I think it's assumed, that if a person can do overseas travel, he might also afford to buy the games at US prices.
Well their thought process was to keep the storefront simple.

There were no region blocks in the beginning. And then they brought in just purchase locks. Then came region trading lock. Then came play locks.

So they kept updating the lock system but never gave the user option to buy specific keys according to their need.

And the publishers have a hand in this actually. Not steam. If you see valve games have no play locks. Only recently they added to region trading locks to stop misuse.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Could you please try and let me know what happens? I'm not getting the goddamn OTP. Just want to know if it has something to do with my number or their system is fcked up.
Got otp. Registered successfully.

Edit:

give number as:

91yournumber and make sure your DND is off.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
even before regional pricing, there were some few games not available in India. Cannot remember the titles now.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
so... what Im asking is, can we at least expect the titles which were Initially available in India region before pricing change to be available in Indian prices? Like these publishers have already made the decision to make the game available in this region, now they just have to set the price? Like Galaxy on Fire II?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
so... what Im asking is, can we at least expect the titles which were Initially available in India region before pricing change to be available in Indian prices? Like these publishers have already made the decision to make the game available in this region, now they just have to set the price? Like Galaxy on Fire II?
You mean after price change there are games that are no longer available on steam India?

Killing Machine

Yeah they just have to set the regional price and it should purchasable on Steam again.

Top Bottom