Steam

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
What's your sub id for Sleeping Dogs? Mine is 15612. I recall it used to be marked as EU, now it says WW(-DE,JP). It's a retail disc btw.

Is there any way to automate the process of checking play lock? Checking each game individually is cumbersome.
Ww would mean worldwide. So don't worry.

I had purchased it on steam at US price and i still got 51331 which is play locked to RU/CIS/IN :/

Same for deus ex collection too!

As for automating the process, I don't know if there is any already, have no experience in JS. But a script could do the job for us.

Update:
you need not check every game individually. What I found was that games that have any form of region lock will have some form of suffix like WW, ROW, RU/IN etc in the steam licenses page. Check only those game. Rest will be global keys for sure.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Already done that, only trackmania canyon is marked as RU, but I couldn't find any run/play lock on that. Funny thing, that game was redeemed through a gift without any VPN, but that was way before disabling of cross region trading/gifting.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
^^Already done that, only trackmania canyon is marked as RU, but I couldn't find any run/play lock on that. Funny thing, that game was redeemed through a gift without any VPN, but that was way before disabling cross region trading/gifting.
Yeah, as I said, the games i mentioned, I got them way back at US prices and still play lock. :/ Damn you steam!

Weird bit is deus mankind divided has no lock for the steam IN store even though it's really cheap!

Same goes for just cause 3.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nordic Weekend.

Most games under 150/- and even below 100/-. Granted, most of them are pretty old, some bundled to death, but still looks positively odd. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Spellforce Complete & The Guild Collection worldwide price error at 95%, just 104 & 42 bucks here respectively.

Killing Machine
Spellforce Complete & The Guild Collection worldwide price error at 95%, just 104 & 42 bucks here respectively.
Thanks for noticing this. Got em.

Also to update on the payment methods:
HDFC Visa & Mastercard credit card - works
HDFC Visa Debit Card - works (don't have a MC in the family to check)
HDFC Netsafe Card - doesn't work. I have bought couple of times before. It says bank declined the transaction. Bank says nothing of that sort happened.

Will update for another bank on my next txn. :)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for noticing this. Got em.

Also to update on the payment methods:
HDFC Visa & Mastercard credit card - works
HDFC Visa Debit Card - works (don't have a MC in the family to check)
HDFC Netsafe Card - doesn't work. I have bought couple of times before. It says bank declined the transaction. Bank says nothing of that sort happened.

Will update for another bank on my next txn. :)
ICICI visa DC and cc work too.have tried

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
How the refund of Arkham Knight works? Can I buy the game, play for 2+ hours, get the cards and then ask for a refund?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
How the refund of Arkham Knight works? Can I buy the game, play for 2+ hours, get the cards and then ask for a refund?
Lol. Yeah should work. You can play for 10 hours even. That was their statement. But only catch is that you have to buy it in steam.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Guys even though spellforce and guild collection have such a huge discount, I don't see very good reviews about them.

Any of you getting them?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
that game was bad ? I always thought of trying it out
I played van helsing 1 with all dlcs when it was released. Really enjoyed it a lot. So much so that I bought part 2 as well.

Haven't played that yet though. And can't comment on win 10 compatibility, but I had no issues in win 7 ultimate sp1 with the first part.

sggupta95

Broken In
i just checked,and thankfully i seem to own the global version of deus ex human revolution director's cut.
i got the steam key for 1 dollar from the charity sale they did a while back

Top Bottom