Steam

Nerevarine

Incarnate
not excited for two reasons -

1. cant play it on my PC
2. MG series follows a good story AFAIK(i may be wrong), so no point in playing from the middle.

BTW guys there's super deals on Tropico games, how are they? should i get them?

PS - i love RTS

Dude !! its MGS !!! Ive been dying to play MGS since the PS2 days

gameranand

Living to Play
New steam client looks so sleek and square :D

Updating right now. Lets see what you are talking about in a few mins. :p

Taskbar Icon changed for better
Steam now more colorful. Not just Grey and Black, now we have other colors as well.
The Hide Feature is useful for some and useless for others but category system is good.
Feels kinda flashy TBH, will need some getting used to.
The contrast have been increased, which in some cases hurts my eyes.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
eww don't like new icon

Love the new UI. Love all the changes. Feels very modern now. The new icon looks stylish IMO. Great update by Valve :D

Actually previous icon was better for 1 reason, it used to show if steam is currently working or not, I mean if its downloading something or synchronizing then it used to show. New one doesn't do that, I hope that they enable this feature in future updates.
[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION]
I got the update last night.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
like the oold green better than the previous yellow-brown and new blue for highlights in the UI
there is some kind of comfort level and familiarity which goes away with superficial changes in UI, at least those who make such changes should keep a toggle or option to get back or retain the previous version

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No. But I think there was a bit of a similar skin(like the present one) which was fan-made. There is only one steam skin that is official and that's the default one. Others are all fan-made AFAIK

Anyways check this: The best and weirdest Steam skins | PC Gamer

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
I tried using the streaming feature today. It worked rather well with both steam and non-steam games.

I played steam edition Metro 2033 and non-steam Watch_Dogs. I streamed from my desktop to my laptop. Both are connected wirelessly to my 150 Mbps router. In Watch_Dogs I did experience slight audio stuttering but overall the gameplay was very good and I couldn't tell if any visual detail was lost.

Anyone else happen to try it?

Also CS:GO is 50% off @ $7.49(approx 450-460 Rs).

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
So, I just installed a clean Win 8.1. Can I just use the existing steam installation? (It is in another drive).

And how is the games compatibility of Win 8.1?

My Win7 is corrupted so I will be deleting or re-installing soon. I am thinking about making Win 8.1, my main OS if it supports most of the games.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
can't use the existing steam isntallation (AFAIK), but you can install new steam, and then point it to your old library. That should work.

Top Bottom