Steam problem

mohityadavx

Youngling
Hi!

My friend yesterday purchased Call Of Duty - Black Ops . However while buying he didn't noticed that game required steam account. Now he doesn't have internet connection so he managed to get a datacard for sometime but he can't have the datacard every time he wanna play the game to log in the steam account. Can something be done about it.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I don't have steam currently running on this rig but you need to run steam and then on the games list, right click on the game he bought and click on properties. Under one of the tabs there will be an option which says "keep on updating this game" and there will be another option. Select that and save. Exit out of steam, remove the data card and give it a shot.

P.S.: Did you friend check the minimum requirements? IIRC internet connection is mentioned on minimum requirements. Tell him to check the minimum requirements next time he buys any games.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi!

My friend yesterday purchased Call Of Duty - Black Ops . However while buying he didn't noticed that game required steam account. Now he doesn't have internet connection so he managed to get a datacard for sometime but he can't have the datacard every time he wanna play the game to log in the steam account. Can something be done about it.
He will have to create a Steam account, install the game and update it. These steps will require Internet. Only afterwards he would be able to use Steam's Offline mode.

But yes, you can disable updates by following what The Sorcerer said.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
He will have to connect to internet just once. Once he has installed and updated the game, he won't need to be connected to Internet to play unless he wants to play multiplayer.

Top Bottom