Steam Iron or Normal Iron

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi Guys,

I have not used Steam Iron.
And want to know which is better a Steam Iron or Normal Iron?
also which type of Iron u guys use?

also give what info u know abt both.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I use steam iron.

Steam iron is better. Generally u need to sprinkle water b4 you iron a cloth. For normal iron you have do it by hand whereas the iron itself does it for steam one.

Easy to use but be aware that it would emit steam, so you might just burn your hand if accidentally your hand is exposed to steam.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If you want a quick no hassle iron then normal is good enough. Else you must be carefull at all times with Steam iron.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi Guys,

I have not used Steam Iron.
And want to know which is better a Steam Iron or Normal Iron?
also which type of Iron u guys use?

also give what info u know abt both.

Steam is better. Removes wrinkles, and less chance of burn.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It emits steam only at the faceplate not like a boiler, upwards. Assuming you are not going to handle its' faceplate facing towards you.

Steam iron is better.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Why would anyone burn hands with steam iron, when the steam flow is downwards? Unless you use your hands as ironing table :p

*www.asia.ru/images/target/photo/51692482/Steam_Iron.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dude, accidents happen. Why would anyone like to burn his hands that too by a steam iron.

I've clearly told, his hand might get burned if exposed to steam.

Haven't u read those statuitory warnings?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Even if you hold your hand under the steam it will not burn it. Like I said, if for 5 minutes, then yes. But this is no reason to be a deterrence to get it.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^^
Reverse osmosis filter.
You can use normal tap water, but overtime it leaves calcium deposits on the linings. But that's not a big issue with steam iron, it's does make a difference in geyseys & other boilers stuff and it is advised to de scale from time to time in the them.

You can get wireless steam irons, but the branded ones cost a bomb. There are unbranded wireless steam iron boxes for as low as 1k.

Last edited:

AJK

Broken In
Sorry for bumping this thread . Im looking to buy a new steam iron myself ,can you guys suggest me some good steam iron models ? brands no bar .budget is under Rs 1000 :p

Top Bottom