Stay away from Transcend pen drives

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Almost everyone knows that transcend JetFlash V30 is one of the worst pen drives available in terms of speed and build quality (talking of only reputed brands). But other models from transcend are good. That is what people think. I also thought the same till a few days back. Just a couple of days back I was showing my friend that whereas V30 struggled to reach a speed of 4 mBps while transferring a movie, V60 reached upto 11 mBps. but today that V60 drive doesn't exist. I was transferring some files, it refused to get transferred and then the pen drive never worked again.
It was in warranty period, so I opened transcend's website, started looking for a solution. but there's no solution. there is not a single address or phone number given on the site. Transcend does not have a service center it seems, nowhere in India. I found out a number courtesy digg.com. I called it. all I got was a loud scream, "IF YOU HAVEN'T BOUGHT FROM THIS SHOP, WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING :twisted:". I have done only one mistake, lost the bill. that's it, I lost my pen drive.:cry:
I have been in such a situation earlier, only it was a kingston PD that time. all I had to do was call the toll free number given on their website and give the pen drive to the service center, no bill nothing. I got a replacement after a week.
So I urge my friends (you all), for your own good, stay away from transcend products.

techani

Journeyman
ah luckily i didnt get transcend pen drive when i bought one recently. i got a kingston and bought it.
Anyway thanks for sharing ur exp...

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Kingston & corsair, both replace pen drives without any fuss. Think of this, if the pen drive has a 5 year warranty and the model is 2 years old, how could the warranty have expired. But no, transcend doesn't think of this, they need the purchase invoice to make sure that I had bought it only after it was manufactured and not 3 years before that!

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I have been never use any Transcend product except RAM and I will try to avoid Transcend as much as possible in future.....

i had amkette spectra pro 2gb and i used to get very high transfer rate. a friend of mine lost it :| and he gave me his trarnscend. it was a disaster,way too slow. then i bought a kingston 4.0 gb but still not that fast as my amkette one .i still miss it

sujoyp

Grand Master
I luckily never faced similar problems...but Transcend V60 is far better then any other pen drives in terms of read write speed...
Mine even went upto 13MBps...its just WOW:-D
I saw Kingston going upto 6MBps and that V30 goes to 4MBps

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I too stay away from Transcend stuff & don't recommend it to anyone either. I'm happy with Corsair, Sandisk & Kingston.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I also had a v60. In terms of speed it is a good one, mine went upto 11.2 MBps. But I would love it at 6 MBps with Kingston if I was assured that my pen drive will last at least 5 years.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Sorry to say but if people can invest 30k on a PC and upgrade it every 2 year
Y not get a better performing pendrive costing Rs.850 and replacing it every 2 year and that too with a double capacity one. Not a big deal

Guys can u help me get a good performing similar to v60 in other brands...
I have no idea of Kingston or Sandisk models...my friend is looking for one for a long time.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
^^ Buy any pendrive that costs Rs. 850.00. As you said, you can replace it with double capacity in two year. Not a big deal, is it?

sujoyp

Grand Master
but I want a faster one...u all use kingston ...and i dont find v60 anymore...soo guide me

comon man I am telling the truth...I have 4 pendrives now in last 5 years
1-256mb, 1-1gb, 1-2gb, 1-8gb:razz:

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
The fastest pen drive that I have used till date is Kigston DTMFY. unfortunately, the model as been stopped more than 2 years back. And why spend unnecessarily when I know that I may own a Kingston for years. In fact, the point is not that, the thing is, when Kingston & corsair can replace pen drives without any fuss, why can't transcend do that.

There is no point in encouraging unruly behaviour among these corporates. The day transcend replaces my currently damaged drive, I'll have no problem in buying another V60.

sujoyp

Grand Master
There is no point in encouraging unruly behaviour among these corporates. The day transcend replaces my currently damaged drive, I'll have no problem in buying another V60.

Exactly...I have not faced any problem soo I am still on that side i guss:)

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Exactly...I have not faced any problem soo I am still on that side i guss:)

but you said I should not have a problem in replacing my pen drive every 2 years, this is not tug-of-war that you are taking their side even when they are wrong.

sujoyp

Grand Master
look dont take me wrong...I was just saying that mine v60 is going good soo I have no problem with them yet:)

Now soo many users r having bad experience with it...I will definitely keep this in mind.

By replacing a pen drive I ment to say buying a new one...coz now u bought a 8gb pen drive in 2-2.5 years 8 gb will feel too less...again u get a new 32gb one....Isnt it practical:twisted:

syrez

Broken In
Point noted for future.. i hate i hate i hate brands whose service centers can be found only by Gollum. Duck you Transcend.

Top Bottom