Stay AWAY from TATA Docomo

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys,

My friend took TATA Docom post paid few months ago and I would say that he is back into those old BSNL landline days where you had to try again and again to connect to a phone and you used to get "All lines are busy, please dial after sometime".

For the past couple of days, I had to try 15-20 times even to connect to his phone. He is saying that that's not all.

1) network congestion
2) pathetic call quality
3) terrible support (who don't know anything)

Finally, his parents who live in a different state asked him to move back to Airtel as they had to try for 15 to 20 times again and again,everytime they want to talk to him as they too get the same "all lines are busy" message.

All in all, TATA proved once again that however big the partner is, they will rip their partner's repuation apart. They did it to Fiat, Virgin, AOL and now Docomo. Boo ya TATA!!!!

ECE0105

In the zone
1) Totally agree. I was able to make successful calls only in the first week.
2) Agree again.
3) I am not sure, cos I've never been able to speak to these DoCoMo Customer Care Guys.

Not just this. Their connectivity sucks if you go roaming to some states. My friends had issues roaming with their bangalore based docomo in Kerala. Most of the time signal was zero.

The only good things about docomo are:

1. Low STD costs - 1p/sec is quite good.
2. 101 STD SMS/day for Rs. 1.20 is also good.
3. browsing on their portal is free. This always means there is a way to trick them into allowing free browsing for all websites :D
4. Rs. 49 for a sim with Rs. 5 currency is reasonable.

But the catch:

1. The SMS and STD offers are both "Limited Period Offers". This means after some time they can just alter your plan and you end up paying through your nose as usual.

2. For the daily 101 free local SMSes, you have Ps. 60/day cost. Take note that this equals 0.6x365 = Rs. 219 Rental per year where others charge nothing.

However, considering the cost of ownership of the sim is still low @ Rs. 49, and the low costs for small duration calls and national SMSes and cheap STD and potential unlimited internet, it would make a good "outgoing only" secondary SIM for dual sim users.

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
ya seriously thank you guys ... was just planning to give up my vodafone postpaid for a docomo ... guess i wont be doing that now

Wait a sec, OP was talking about postpaid while I was talking about prepaid DOCOMO. :-D

The cost factor works out better to result in DOCOMO having more positives than negatives in Prepaid while postpaid is still the same B.A.D.

x3060

A LOTR fan
ya..prepaid docomo is really a thing to look for , my friend is using, (shifted form vodafone) and so far he did not complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom