Starbucks to open first outlet in Mumbai by October

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
For a coffee connoisseur it doesn't get better than this. Starbucks finally shows the date after umpteen speculations all these years. Wow all these years sipping that hot cuppa abroad how i missed starbucks in India. Except for the one thing.I hope they source Arabica beans from abroad rather than locally which they presently incline. Still whatever their brewing tops. :)

*static7.businessinsider.com/image/4b869bd97f8b9aae0b2b0000/starbucks-coffee.jpg

India will finally get its first Starbucks outlet in the month of October. Tata Starbucks, the 50:50 joint venture between Starbucks Coffee Company and Tata Global Beverages, said that its first outlet will be launched in Horniman Circle, in Mumbai.

Speaking to media about on the matter, Starbucks China & Asia Pacific President John Culver, said, "we are delighted to be able to announce our progress toward opening our first store in India and to introduce locally sourced espresso.”

"We have worked very hard in creating this partnership with the Tatas and will leverage the credibility and trust of the Tatas with our global brand," he added.

The new CEO of Tata Starbucks, Avani Saglani Davda, said that the joint venture will set up outlet ‘at the heart of the city in the commercial capital of Mumbai and Delhi.’ Tata Starbucks will set up its outlet in Delhi next year.

source: Starbucks to open first India store in Mumbai by end-Oct | Reuters

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just got off the phone with one close friend who is in Coffee export division of a major softdrink brand. he said India is about 6th or 7th largest exporter of Coffee :razz: , also StarBucks will be sourcing the Coffee Beans locally. he also mentioned a interesting fact - Coffee import for local reselling attracts 100% customs :shock: , but if one is re-exporting it then less/no duty .

I hope they source Arabica beans from abroad rather than locally which they presently incline

local coffee .. :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
not sure how many people in India would like their coffee without sugar/milk..that's the real coffee.
lol .. how many people think they are eating Chinese Food? the food is modified to suite Indian Taste

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
mastervk said:
not sure how many people in India would like their coffee without sugar/milk..that's the real coffee.

Didn't quite get you brother. Starbuck serves all kinds of coffee just like Barista,Coffe Day,Costa Coffee.And most Indians seem to go gung-ho for these.

Except for Expresso ,Americano ,most coffee would be with milk or cream as we say it like Caffe' Latte , Cappuccino , Flat White,Irish Coffee ,Macchiato ,Caffe Mocha etc. And not to forget the fact most cold coffees are essentially in milk .

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh cool, now copycats will have more than ccd to aim for
and
*i.imgur.com/C6AXW.jpg

Top Bottom