Splitting problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anindya

In the zone
I had 2 clips of different sizes. Both r in DV format. I brought them together in Nero then exported them to make one file. Its ext is avi. Now i want to split the file into 2 equal halves. I tried few sw but none are satisfactory. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
i think nero 7 can split video files.i did it.nero recode i think.

or else try this
*www.alldj.com/video_editor/video_editor.htm

its free!!!

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
Thanks for sharing the link. Will try it if works nicely then more thanks will be coming.:D

Which option to use? Plz guide me.

Last edited:
OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
hey buddies i tried to use HJ Split. In the `working` dialog box when it is showing 100% complete it is continuing to process the file. After waiting for a long time i had to discontinue it from the task manager. What could be the problem. And it only created one file that also not of the size which i mentioned.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
Anindya said:
hey buddies i tried to use HJ Split. In the `working` dialog box when it is showing 100% complete it is continuing to process the file. After waiting for a long time i had to discontinue it from the task manager. What could be the problem. And it only created one file that also not of the size which i mentioned.

dude hj split splits files but not into video format.u must rejoin to use them.they cannot be played in normal dvd or vcd players.in computers too they have to be rejoined.

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
@ Abhi buddy if one cant use the files separately then whats the point of splitting it? In my case the file size is toooo big to write in a dvd of 4.7Gb. Thats why wanted to split and burn in 2 dvds.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
if you want to split a video file then use video splitting software.There are lots ..just google it.

Personally I would use Virtualdubmod.Its not a video splitting software ..its a video encoding software but it can be used to split video files.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
Anindya said:
@ Abhi buddy if one cant use the files separately then whats the point of splitting it? In my case the file size is toooo big to write in a dvd of 4.7Gb. Thats why wanted to split and burn in 2 dvds.

i meant that the file splitted with hjsplit must be rejoined bfore using again.
use a video splitter.did u try the first link i gave u??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom