Speed up Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
I am using bit torrent 4.4.1 on win xp with dial up connection my problem is that i am getting very slow download speed i.e. 1 or 2 kb/s is there any tweak to increase it .......................

devarajan

Journeyman
eagle_y2j said:
I am using bit torrent 4.4.1 on win xp with dial up connection my problem is that i am getting very slow download speed i.e. 1 or 2 kb/s is there any tweak to increase it .......................

What is the speed of ur connection??If 33.6kbs 2k is normal incase of bit torrent .And incase of HTTP 3.5k is normal....so What is the speed of ur connection?? :roll:

devarajan

Journeyman
eagle_y2j said:
33 wats up

2k is some what below normal.Any way these r the reson'sfor slow downloading.BitTorrent works on a credit system. By uploading parts of a file other people, they allow you to download parts of the file from them. This is BitTorrent’s anti-leech measure. However, if you have a problem with your NAT (anything between you and the internet, such as a router or firewall), you will not get credit for what you are uploading. The only downloading that you can do is from people who upload a small amount to you in the hope that you will return the favor. Since their client will not recognize your response if you have a firewall problem, then they will stop uploading to you shortly after. This is what is causing your problem. You may also notice that torrent speeds go very high for 5 minutes, before slowing back down to 0-5kb/s.so therefore no TWEAK :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom