speed at which cd is burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
hi ,
i have some 10 cds in which just 100 MB or even lesser data is stored.:(
So i want to do multi session in those cds. For doing multi session i have to write at the same speed at which i did earlier. only then the older data doesnt get corrupted.

So i want to find the speed at which cd is burnt? Is there any way in finding it out?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
If u r goin to use any newer model or CD/DVD burner to read those discs after the multisession burning, then u dun worry bout the speeds. Burn at max speed. But onler drives would have problems either accessing the onled data or maybe the newly written data.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
how can speed be a issue in multisession discs? whatever speed the earlier data is stored, it wont matter...
and i dont think there is any way to determine the speed at which the CD was burnt.

OP
Pragadheesh

Pragadheesh

In the zone
i have tried some multi sessions but in most of those cases the older data gets lost.. in few the newer data gets lost...:(

but if i do multi session at the speed at which i have done earlier(some new cds for which i know the speed at which i burnt it) both old and new data is available..

but why is it that we cant find the speed at which a cd/dvd is burnt?? even newer versions of Nero or any other softwares cant do it???!!!!:(

S

SE><IE

There's a tool called, "CD/DVD speed" which ships with nero. It will give you a complete graph of burning speed. you may find it under "tools".
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom