Speaker Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
XtremeAudio and XtremeMusic are waste of money
Audigy 4 has become old
no idea about asus xonar dx

Go for creative X-Fi XtremeGamer or look at M-Audio cards (some of the old ones are not supported on vista though but the new ones just rock with all the necessary connectivity I/O)

Xonar Dx is an eXpensive Sound card for the rich boys :D.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
No, the Z5500 doesn't need a dolby/DTS decoding sound card. It has its own decoder and it can take in Coaxial/Optical inputs. All you need will be a mobo/soundcard with 5.1 or optical/SPDIF out

But this setup won't play game audio in surround. It will output game audio in stereo and there are still issues with Dolby in this setup.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
But this setup won't play game audio in surround. It will output game audio in stereo and there are still issues with Dolby in this setup.
Why not if you use the analog out of your soundcard and connect it to the analog in of these speakers ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yep. To keep things simple, get a Dolby/DTS soundcard and forget about swapping cables or changing settings because optical out is not worth the headache it creates with settings.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
wow...so many comments and only one or two have recommended Philips MMS460!! :eek:
Ok, lemme say, MMS460 is better than VS3251 in every terms. From looks to dynamic sound, its all the way, a stealing deal!
or, there is one better thing u can do...
Buy two Ahuja LSUs along with a typical Onkyo Amp set. The complete setup will cost you around 7-8K but will rock ur and ur society's world!! :D ;)

And true, Z5500d has its own decoding unit. But this set demands appropriate audio settings along with a descent soundcard (ofcourse!) to get ur room shaking.
Ok, once done, trust me...there is nothing like u've ever listened before. Ok, accepted u can go for custom setups. But stop right there...hey, u can get a Denon/Yamaha 5.1 setup with complete 500W output. And if somehow you do...trust me, ur wallet'd be cryin' for refill!! :p

OP
V

Varunnagwekar

Semi-Geek
Last Sunday I had been to a picnic with my friends to The Great Escape. Because of which my left ears got blocked and left me partially deaf for the entire week. Now since I have got my ears cleaned out today (finally!) the speakers sound much more better.
Also as "vivek404" and "KPower Mania" had recommended, after a few days of usage the speaker is sounding better than before. My friend said that the insides of the speakers are very tight when new and they sound better when they get loosen in a few days.

Also during the week I have found out that the music sounds much much better in the "6 channel direct sound" mode than in the dedicated music mode it offers. Why is this? Does the music have to be recorded in 5.1 channel mode for that?

Its also the same things with movies, it sounds much better in that 6 C.D.S mode than in the dedicated movie mode. Although that's because those movies are not DVD quality movies. But I had heard somewhere about some matrix technology which converts normal movie audio into 5.1 surround audio or something like that?
I am sorry if i am sounding very vague, I am a total noob when it comes to speakers and sound technology.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Also during the week I have found out that the music sounds much much better in the "6 channel direct sound" mode than in the dedicated music mode it offers. Why is this? Does the music have to be recorded in 5.1 channel mode for that?
From the statement, I think you are confusing true surround with splicing music into multiple channels. True surround is a recording that's been recorded with multiple mics with each channel discrete. Upmixing music is something that can be a preference, but Pro Logic was designed more for upmix either stereo TV or pre-5.1 movies into a "faux surround", which is why it works well for them. And thats what decoder in Z5500d is doing for you.
To get the pure 5.1 audio, u need to download original DVD-Audio 5.1 tracks. Play them and u'll actually listen the difference.

Its also the same things with movies, it sounds much better in that 6 C.D.S mode than in the dedicated movie mode. Although that's because those movies are not DVD quality movies. But I had heard somewhere about some matrix technology which converts normal movie audio into 5.1 surround audio or something like that?
I am sorry if i am sounding very vague, I am a total noob when it comes to speakers and sound technology.
Same thing here. Matrix Technology works just like SBS Multi as in Sony. See, its just upmixing the actual mp3 track and sending it into discrete signals to different satellites. Due to which, listening is pleasure. To experience the true potential of ur system, u need to try it with either DD 5.1/DTS 5.1 audio. DTS preferably! ;)

@sam9s,
Heyy...bro! Long time yaar!
About the comment to thread, i wasnt recommending anything. Its just a comment for my point!
Plus, I was trying to be in flow... :D hehe...
And about the website, yeah! Its good. I've been to this site.
However, for more stuff, details and recommendations, i believe AVS still is best to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom