Sourceforge :: help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
I want to upload one project on sourceforge. I have created an account, and a project. But I am not getting how the things work there. Things are so confusing. Even for uploading the source code, I am not able to find any simple link
The wiki gives link to file release system, where I uploaded the zip file. But then how to link this zip file to the project ? Then how can I get support from other developers ? Also how can I give support to other running projects ?

Please help !

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
please check these two links
*alexandria.wiki.sourceforge.net/CVS+-+Version+Control+for+Source+Code
*alexandria.wiki.sourceforge.net/Recommended+User+Software+Configuration#cvs_client

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I want to upload one project on sourceforge. I have created an account, and a project. But I am not getting how the things work there. Things are so confusing. Even for uploading the source code, I am not able to find any simple link
The wiki gives link to file release system, where I uploaded the zip file. But then how to link this zip file to the project ? Then how can I get support from other developers ? Also how can I give support to other running projects ?

Please help !
Answer to your queries : *alexandria.wiki.sourceforge.net/Secure+SHell+SSH+Client#file_transfers

If you use file release system (diff. versions for your product) then you can read this: *alexandria.wiki.sourceforge.net/File+Release+System+-+Offering+Files+for+Download#top

I find the SFTP method best for me.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You hafta first create a release, then upload the files and then goto the Add files to release. There you will see files uploaded by various users, click on your file and it'll be added to your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom