SoundMagic PL-50 or Brainwavz M2??

tasamono

Broken In
Hi,

I currently own Soundmagic PL-21 and would like an upgrade.
As per my price range(within 2.5k) i can only two IEMs thats worth the buy:- the PL-50 and Brainwavz M2. Both are fantastic as far as i have read and am totally confused, i do know PL-50 lacks in bass but still the PL-50 soundstaging is more brilliant than M2 that too at a bit cheaper price. Has anyone been using any of the two IEMs? Would like an AudioHead to help me out. :D

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
That decision totally depends on what kind of sound signature do u like?
What kind of music do u listen to? Do the king of music that you listen require bass or soundstage or mids?
It'd be good if you could give more information as the decision is very much dependent on what the user prefers to listen to?

I have the brainwavz M2 and you can ask me about it if you have any questions.

OP
T

tasamono

Broken In
Thanks for replying.
I listen to everything from country to trance(weird huh? :p).Thats why kind of looking for a all round performer. How M2's bass?Appreciate a short quick review.I know M2's bass is better than Pl-50 but again PL-50 cheaper.Is the extra money to be spent on M2 worth it?

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
M2 all the way. Pl 50 is no match for it.
pl50 just has liquid smooth mids but M2 pwns it.
I love listening to trance on M2 since the bass is amazing, quick and perfect in every sense for the price.
You will love it, no doubt about that.

Pl50 are extremely bass light, you'll crave for bass if you are even one cent of a bass lover.

OP
T

tasamono

Broken In
^Thnks, looks like in that case even PL-30 is a better option since its has got a decent bass? Where to get the M2, Lynx India?

BTW what do you listen to in Trance? :p

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
Pl30 isnt better than pl50. Both arent known for their bass, they're known for their spacious imaging and lush mids. :)
I don't listen much to trance, just a few famous ones. I listen more to R&B, Hip-Hop and some slow rap.
Pristinenote is the best for M2.

Top Bottom