Sound frm UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN

In the zone
lately ive been having this sound frm my UPS which is NUMERIC Digital 600PLUS .not exactly hissing sound but something like those insects which whistle in the streets at night :???:.

not so loud but im concerned..
there is prob with performance though..

any idea whats wrong?
tq

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Certain type of UPS (dunno which one- UPS and sine wave inverter is not my line of work and expertise so the info mention is bit vague) have sine wave output causing the humming sound when one runs a psu with active pfc. If you see the current way of how systems are going about, psu with active pfc with high efficiency tested on current standard operational temps of 40-50 degrees celcius is the way to go. But you will have to confirm- is it humming or is it rattling?

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
more like rattling..
its Output Wave form is Stepped sine wave
and i have Cooler Master PCAR-600

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Im had tat ups, with tat same symptoms and after sum days (i dnt wanna scare u but..) tst UPS died on me and then i got myself an APC UPS (not the one in my siggy) but APC BACK UPS ES 500 (wich is also a stepped sine wave UPS) for Rs. 2.2K...

Nevertheless, i got tat Numeric UPS repaired, the service guy changed the battery inside it, but even then i hv never used this UPS (with the fear of exploding or behaving it in an abnornal way)..:D
------------

But, the rattling noise (if it has started coming since few days, off late)... it cud be tat there may be heavy power fluctuations or tat the cord wich goes back of the UPS is a bit loose...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Oh well what a co-incidence. Different UPS but similar issue:
*www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/corsair-vx450-rattling-noise-130157.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom