SOS!! Save Our[my computer's] Safemode!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rageadams

Right off the assembly line
I got three big problems!! well i run winxp sp2 got 256MB sd ram {yeah i know its antidiluvian)p4 1.7ghz 80 gb harddisk etc. now the problems. got mandrake linux on a partition too.
1. Well can u believe it whenever i try to run safemode its well till the logon screen then when i click on a user the pc reboots. I tried it ad nauseum and ad infinitum but no goddamned use.
2. i got windows blind 4.5 enhanced, desktopx 3 pro, iconx etc and when ever i try and uninstall any of them it says it cant find "install.log". when itrie to delete the whole stardock folder frm the program files folder it refused to be deletesd it says "fastload.dll" might be in use . what do i do?
3. The last n probably the biggest one. When i loaded the AutopatcherXp may frm the latest issue of digit n tried to run it it was loading n loading when suddenly came to a screeeeching halt with a message that said something about not being able to process or sumthin a file called "MajorF***Up". Now when i searched my computer i found it was a zip folder tat i had downloaded-God knows why!- it had some six seven files some txt files n sum dll files. any idea what it was{ coz i deleted it hoping it wud solve the prob(yeah i know thats silly). N decide install autopatcer again n i had just increased my avast antivirus security to high( again god knows why). So i popped in the digit cd n began installing then iwas loading n loading when suddenly my Avast! came alive with a hair raising siren saying that "C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\modules\AddOns\dotnet11sp1.a" was infected with a trojan virus!!( i forgot to note down the name) n i already told u autopatcher had not even completed installing.
EDIT:Does this imply that Digit cd is infected with a Trojan Virus?Plz Help Me Out.

Dude keep it easy please, dont "shout".Usage of un-necessary bold font size is "shouting" .Please refrain from doing this-digen

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
rageadams said:
3. The last n probably the biggest one. When i loaded the AutopatcherXp may frm the latest issue of digit n tried to run it it was loading n loading when suddenly came to a screeeeching halt with a message that said something about not being able to process or sumthin a file called "MajorF***Up". Now when i searched my computer i found it was a zip folder tat i had downloaded-God knows why!- it had some six seven files some txt files n sum dll files. any idea what it was{ coz i deleted it hoping it wud solve the prob(yeah i know thats silly). N decide install autopatcer again n i had just increased my avast antivirus security to high( again god knows why). So i popped in the digit cd n began installing then iwas loading n loading when suddenly my Avast! came alive with a hair raising siren saying that "C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\modules\AddOns\dotnet11sp1.a" was infected with a trojan virus!!( i forgot to note down the name) n i already told u autopatcher had not even completed installing. Does this imply that Digit cd is infected with a Trojan Virus?Plz Help Me Out[/b]

Woah :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

A Digit CD carrying a virus? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I know that you may never have cared to read the text that comes up whenever you double click any setup file. :lol: :lol:

It is always very clearly mentioned "Please close all Antivirus Software before continuing".

Now you do just the opposite by increasing the settings to high .

So the Antivirus software may have (unknowingly ? :lol: :lol: ) thought that that particular file was a virus or else it may geniunely be one.

Please post a screenshot of your problems so that we can provide you with a crystal clear solution. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom