Sony Xperia Z launched in India for Rs. 38990

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Nope. India uses TD-LTE which is not compatible with international LTE bands. No.4G phone will work in India unless specifically made for India

Z in india is C6602 3G HSPA+ version

randomuser111

Technomancer
lol im not comparing them.... but im just saying...

LOL I did understand that but I didn't understand why you said that as there is NO 4G phone in India except for a Huawei 4G phone that Airtel launched to showcase its 4G LTE network. Sadly even Airtel doesn't know about its availability haha.

Point is, apart from that there is no other 4G capable phone in India and nor will there be any at least until next year. Sony is considering launching a Indian LTE ( TD-LTE that's used in India and China) model of the Xperia Z. Talks are on with Airtel for it.

ZL & Z have same config then y ZL is cheaper

Zl lacks

- Front 2.2 Exmor R 1080p chat camera with 1080p video @30fps (ZL has 720p instead)
- Polycarbonate construction as opposed to glass construction
- No water/dust proof certification

So it's just materials and lack of dust/water resistance.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
LOL I did understand that but I didn't understand why you said that as there is NO 4G phone in India except for a Huawei 4G phone that Airtel launched to showcase its 4G LTE network. Sadly even Airtel doesn't know about its availability haha.

Point is, apart from that there is no other 4G capable phone in India and nor will there be any at least until next year. Sony is considering launching a Indian LTE ( TD-LTE that's used in India and China) model of the Xperia Z. Talks are on with Airtel for it.

Zl lacks

- Front 2.2 Exmor R 1080p chat camera with 1080p video @30fps (ZL has 720p instead)
- Polycarbonate construction as opposed to glass construction
- No water/dust proof certification

So it's just materials and lack of dust/water resistance.

thanks for the clarification... :) on the z vs zl front, even the price difference is only 2k

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
official price is 39k for xperia z right? how much can you get it for? like from a local dealer with SONY india warranty?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Its expensive for sure but not really all that high for a phone with the specs that we have in our hands here. The 8X still sells north of 33k, the One X is somewhere around 32k for the 16 GB version I think and the One X+ is like 38k. So, the sony is actually 'cheap' IMO.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Its expensive for sure but not really all that high for a phone with the specs that we have in our hands here. The 8X still sells north of 33k, the One X is somewhere around 32k for the 16 GB version I think and the One X+ is like 38k. So, the sony is actually 'cheap' IMO.

+1, for the price its pretty much 95% VFM.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia E runs on Cortex A5 :facepalm:

It's a sub 10k phone. What else did you expect? :D

Anyway, it's a big improvement over Tipo.

Btw two new Sony phones will be announced soon. Both running on Qualcomm S4 PRO ( 1 on dual s4 pro and 1 on quad s4 pro) in the 24-29k range :)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
A girl is someone who eyes an Iphone,wants a S3,Read's all good about Xperia and LG but at last ask's her Noob friend how is micromax and buys it

A girl is someone, who eyes an Ipad, wants a iphone, reads all about xperia and nokia and ends up buying
blackberry. bling bling

It's a sub 10k phone. What else did you expect? :D

Anyway, it's a big improvement over Tipo.

omg i loled so hard, i fell off my chair... reminds me of the AD : " Itna Paisa mai Itna hi milega! "

OP
Empirial

Empirial

Youngling
Now we have Lg Optimus G, Sony Xperia ZL & Sony Xperia Z in 30-36k price bracket which means Note 2, L920, HOX+ ki "Lag Gayeee".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom