SONY Xperia NXT series discussion

randomuser111

Technomancer
*tech.mikeshouts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Sony-Xperia-NXT-Series-1.jpg
*www-static.sonymobile.com/blogs.dir/0/files/2012/03/xperia-sola-gallery-06-940x529.png

XPERIA S

4.3 inch 1280x720 HD Reality Display
12 mp rear camera with 1080p video capture, front camera 720p HD
32 GB storage
1 GB RAM
1.5 ghz Dual Core CPU
1.5 second from sleep mode to taking a picture.
Anti Stain Coating
NFC
Playstation Certified
Rs.29990 MRP

XPERIA P
4.0 inch qHD Sony WhiteMagic display with 1000 nits brightness
1 GB RAM
1 ghz Dual Core CPU
16 GB storage
8 mp rear camera with 1080p video capture
NFC
85 hour music playback time
Aluminum unibody chassis
Anti Stain coating
HDMI output
Xperia SMART Dock for full PC experience*
Rs.23990 MRP

XPERIA U
3.5 inch 854x480 Reality Display
5 mp rear camera with 720p video capture
8GB storage
512 mb RAM
1 ghz dual core CPU
Changeable bottom caps and illumination effect
3D surround sound
Anti Stain Coating
Fast Capture
Smart Headset Pro bundled
Rs.16990 MRP

XPERIA SOLA
3.7 inch 854x480 screen with Mobile Bravia Engine and Floating Touch
5 megapixel camera with 720p video capture
1 ghz U8500 ST-Ericsson Dual Core CPU
512MB RAM
8 GB Internal storage, microSD card support upto 32 GB
NFC
Hard coated shatterproof sheet on scratch-resistant glass
DLNA
Fast Capture
107 grams weight

MRP 19990

Available - April end/Early May

Last edited:

kbar1

Journeyman
Xperia U for 17k!!! And here I was thinking VFM and Sony don't belong in the same sentence... :-D

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
Well the Xperia U will be an epic fail because of internal memory & no expandable memory. Atleast in India, where our memory is always loaded with useless stuffs. :D

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia U only have 4GB Inbuilt & There is no expandable memory slot. :(

@OP: Correct your post. Xperia U only have 4GB Memory Inbuilt.

That's wrong info. Xperia U has total 8 GB memory not 4.
2 GB - for apps and games, phone memory
2 GB- reserved for system
4GB - for photos, videos, music and personal data.

2+2+4 = 8 GB.

There was a mistake in the official specs page which led to this confusion. But rest assured Xperia U has 8 GB memory. You can confirm in the whitepaper below
LINK

Same as Nokia Lumia 710, HTC Radar, Htc Mozart, HTC 7 Pro, Iphone 3GS,Iphone 4 8GB and others. These phones, especially Nokia Lumia 710 has been quite successful with just 8 gb memory so I really doubt the Xperia U will be an "epic fail".

Also the prices I posted are just MRP. Xperia U will retail for about 15k in stores. The Iphone 4 sells with 8 Gb memory at more than twice the price of the Xperia U and I don't see a lot of people complain about the non expandable memory in the IP4 8GB.
And yes there are a lot of folks who want more than 8 GB storage, but there are also a lot of others who would be more than happy with 8GB storage.

Last edited:

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Xperia P <24k ! ! So, for me, it takes SGSA out of the picture, since it is to be priced similar but has a 5MP cam and not as good a design!
Will wait for the prices to fall down or to get my hands on some coupon!!

Btws, are these prices legitimate ?

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
That's wrong info. Xperia U has total 8 GB memory not 4.
2 GB - for apps and games, phone memory
2 GB- reserved for system
4GB - for photos, videos, music and personal data.

2+2+4 = 8 GB.

There was a mistake in the official specs page which led to this confusion. But rest assured Xperia U has 8 GB memory. You can confirm in the whitepaper below
LINK

Same as Nokia Lumia 710, HTC Radar, Htc Mozart, HTC 7 Pro, Iphone 3GS,Iphone 4 8GB and others. These phones, especially Nokia Lumia 710 has been quite successful with just 8 gb memory so I really doubt the Xperia U will be an "epic fail".

Also the prices I posted are just MRP. Xperia U will retail for about 15k in stores. The Iphone 4 sells with 8 Gb memory at more than twice the price of the Xperia U and I don't see a lot of people complain about the non expandable memory in the IP4 8GB.
And yes there are a lot of folks who want more than 8 GB storage, but there are also a lot of others who would be more than happy with 8GB storage.

Sony should have not done a silly mistake on their site. Now sites like GSMArena, etc have added 4gb in their specs list. Well, I was talking about 4GB memory. Now it is 8gb so no problem because memory is reserved for system too. In 4GB the real size we get is very less. I'm planning to go for this phone btw.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
I agree but you have to understand that they have been working day and night to move everything over from sonyericsson.com to sonymobile.com and changing everything so soon plus adding new info can lead to mistakes. :)

@varunparakh

yes the prices are "almost" legitimate as the source of the pricing is a Sony Mobile Communications India document that was leaked a few weeks back. I am guessing the Xperia P should have a street price of about 22.5-23k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
8Gb is less. they should have went with something like 12Gb. 2Gb for system + apps is more than enough. Unless filled with crapwares, Android doesn't need more than 500Mb for installation and 1.5Gb for data is enough. Rest 10Gb can be utilized for user's stuff.

though, at 15k, this will wipe the floor of any Motorola, LG or Samsung mobile only by the raw looks. specs aside.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Yes but the Xperia U uses the ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8500 chipset which is much more battery efficient than other SoCs. So even with the 1320mAh battery, its battery life will be quite good.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
As it seems, both Xperia P & U are good to take out their competitors out of the market!

Anyone aiming for a handset btw 16-22 will probably go for either of the two.

Apart from the NO-AMOLED & NO-GORRILA Glass, these phones are superb! The memory, though not expandable, but is more or less sufficient for MOST of the users!!

SGSA looked great is now looking just another from Samsung!

Nova Thor 8500 will tc of the battery and the GPU will run all the HD games! The 8MP in Xperia P and white magic is sure to win hearts!

I am in love! A Sony ericsson users seems to be all in to get a Ericsson less Sony now :)

Sparky19

Broken In
@randomuser : Are you sure about the pricing of these smart phones ? Because Sony is now selling arc s at 28k. Wouldn't they be pricing the new gen better phones much higher ?

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
@ Sparky19

I think the U and P are well priced. I assume you are asking specifically about the Xperia S. Well yes it is priced at the same price as Arc (just 1k more) for a reason ;). Cuz its only the Sony Xperia flagship for 3 months. And comes with only Cortex A9 dual core S3 CPU. So pricing it much higher isn't justified as it has basically same specs as many 2011 phones.
They will charge MUCH higher for their NEW phones, but Xperia S isn't that phone. There will be a 37k phone as well from Sony in September. And a 33k phone in July.

Sparky19

Broken In
@ Sparky19

I think the U and P are well priced. I assume you are asking specifically about the Xperia S. Well yes it is priced at the same price as Arc (just 1k more) for a reason ;). Cuz its only the Sony Xperia flagship for 3 months. And comes with only Cortex A9 dual core S3 CPU. So pricing it much higher isn't justified as it has basically same specs as many 2011 phones.

Ya i am very surprised with Xperia S pricing because i expected it to be priced around 35k considering it to be a flagship model from Sony.
Personally though i am more interested in Xperia P. At 24k it seems well priced. A silly question - Are these the MRP's ? So can we expect them to be sold for 1-2k less on online sites like Flipkart ?

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Yes the actual prices would be about 1-2k lower. :)

XPERIA SOLA announced. World's first smartphone with Floating Touch technology.

Xperia? sola - Get entertained with a sense of magic - YouTube

Product Page

It was earlier leaked as "pepper" MT27i.

*www-static.sonymobile.com/blogs.dir/0/files/2012/03/xperia-sola-masses-of-music-460.png

Top Bottom