Sony Xperia M/M Dual discussion

what are the improvements on the Xperia M with 4.2.2 ?? As in, real difference...like performance n stuffs...
I really long for the Samsung Touch Wiz's Task Switcher which has option to clear all apps from the list. Its such a simple and convinient addition ...
And when will we have an Task Switcher which shows the current RAM consumption of the apps..there should be a differntiation betwwen running apps and previously used apps... tired of swiping 10 times
:( Android im unimpressed with ur updates :(

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
what are the improvements on the Xperia M with 4.2.2 ?? As in, real difference...like performance n stuffs...
I really long for the Samsung Touch Wiz's Task Switcher which has option to clear all apps from the list. Its such a simple and convinient addition ...
And when will we have an Task Switcher which shows the current RAM consumption of the apps..there should be a differntiation betwwen running apps and previously used apps... tired of swiping 10 times
:( Android im unimpressed with ur updates :(

In general 4.2 feels faster than 4.1 and 4.3 smoother than 4.2

Also yeah there should be a button to clear all like there is CM,PA and other custom roms lol
Like this:
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11980000/Screenshot_2013-10-12-23-38-11.png
(CM 10.2)

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Friends - I am noob with android and my cousin has soft bricked his Xperia M - only Sony logo is displayed.

Can somebody help me with detail guide on how to flash stock firmware or any other way to recover? I don't want to brick his phone permanently. His phone is rooted and memory is swapped.

sam1

Journeyman
hi everyone. need clarifications regarding the following queries, as many of u have used the m dual.
1) can it play full hd (1080p) movies (thru the built in player or any other 3rd party app, like mx player) in a lag free way? is there any format that it cannot play? games are not a priority for me, only movies and tv series.
2) does it support 2g in one sim and 3g in another? i would love to have a 3g data connection if i opt for a dual sim phone.
3) what is the approx price in kolkata? online price seems to be around 13.5k

please note that the queries are for m dual version. thanks in advance.

shreymittal

Being Human
hi everyone. need clarifications regarding the following queries, as many of u have used the m dual.
1) can it play full hd (1080p) movies (thru the built in player or any other 3rd party app, like mx player) in a lag free way? is there any format that it cannot play? games are not a priority for me, only movies and tv series. yes
2) does it support 2g in one sim and 3g in another? i would love to have a 3g data connection if i opt for a dual sim phone.yes
3) what is the approx price in kolkata? online price seems to be around 13.5k 13K on ebay

please note that the queries are for m dual version. thanks in advance.

Answered your query in bold letters

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
1) can it play full hd (1080p) movies (thru the built in player or any other 3rd party app, like mx player) in a lag free way? is there any format that it cannot play? games are not a priority for me, only movies and tv series.
it can play 1080p movies but will be out of sync and lagging

sam1

Journeyman
thnx again for ur replies.
@shreymittal - did u manage to play 1080p videos on m dual without any lag? if yes, plz suggest what application u used.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@zangetsu - for lag free 1080p video plyback, which one should i go for? i have xperia sp in mind.
oh yes..i have Xperia SP and tested high bitrate 1080p videos in MX Player and I can guarantee u on that SP can handle 1080p videos flawlessly :doublethumb:
and its with 20~21k price tag thats a steal for a deal for sure
also watching videos in 4.6: screen is delightful

as a simple rule which i know is that cellphones which can record 1080p videos will definitely play 1080p videos (but sometimes its other way round :mrgreen:)
so Xperia M record @720p

What method is better for playing huge games on Xperia M
1) Swapping Internal with External memory
2) Link 2 SD + partitioning SD card

Which is riskier?
Which is easier?
Which is more reliable?
If i swap Internal with external, what will happen if i remove the SD card while phone is on?

I Swapped my Internal and External storage according to the method given in Xda forums
Code:
first of all all the tools and steps in this post is not mine . i had tried to bring all these things in to one thread

note:first thing first ,follow the steps from A,B,.....D
A-rooting

1-download framroot
2-install framroot
3-open framroot
4-u have to select install supersu
5-then select gandalf exploit wait for few seconds a pop up message comes sucess ..........
6-do nothing the phone will reboot itself when the phone turns on u will see super su is installed and u have ur xperia m rooted

note: some time ur phone will b rooted with the first attempt but i had tried these steps 3 times to get rooted my xperia m for the first time first time . but some time u will get rooted ur phone with single attempt so dont worry

B-busybox

1-download busybox
2-install busybox and open it wait for some time and grand super su request
3-wait for some time busybox loads tweaks after loading completes there is a install button on bottom left corner click install then choose normal
4-busy box installs tweaks after compleation of installation sucess popup message comes
5-installation of busy box is sucessfull

note:some time the phone will reboot in between the busybox installation dont worry follow from the 3rd steps. this is because of the system folder read write error

C-reboot fix (sucessfull system read/write)

1-download reboot fix.rar
2-unrar it on ur pc
3-turn on usb debugging on ur phone and connect to ur pc(sony pc companion should b installed in ur pc)
4-run supersu.bat
5-follow the instructions on the pc screen

note:without sucessful busybox installation the reboot fix will not work try these reboot fix steps several times if u r not sucessful

D-swapping internal memory

1-download extsd2internalsd_xz.txt and scriptmanager
2-install scriptmanager
3-copy the .txt file to /data folder
4-open scriptmanager and select browse as root and grand supersu permissions
5-navigate to /data folder on scriptmanager and long press the extsd2internal_xz.txt and select open As... then select Script/Executable
6-then select su and boot and select save
7-suddenly the .txt file will turn to yellow colour turn off ur phone annd turn on u will see a swapped internal to external sd

note:if the reboot fix is not sucessful ur phone will constantly reboot after the 7th step then u have to uninstall the script manager to solve this

Now my internal and external storage both shows as 2.05GB Total Space 631MB Available.
What went wrong? how do i reverse this effect??

Top Bottom