'sony xperia arc s' or 'samsung galaxy R'

OP
S

sumit269

Broken In
Surely Sarath, the learning never ends :)

Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S vs Samsung Galaxy R

I had gone into favour of galaxy R reading this and some other articles..
Well yeah looks arent the top concern. But yes the features are pretty attractive in the SE.

So to summarize, the SGR has only the 8 gb internal memory and better build quality (not design)

Battery life is a concern in both i guess.

But i read that SE arc s also has some wifi problem??

I would also want a fast browsing experience since i do that a lot. Just managing right now on my C7 :oops:

Sarath

iDota
To clarify a few statements,

Arc S has 1GB internal memory and a 8GB external memory, SGR no idea.

Wi-Fi problem was sorted out long back with an update but yes the Wifi receiver is weak but not so much that it will disconnect ever so often.

Battery life is poor in general for all Androids but Samsung has an edge due to their efficient AMOLED screens which use less energy. But I don't know how much extra that gives you.

Build quality of Sony is far far better than other phones, at least better than Samsung. They only screw up on hardware. My phone had a few falls and is still intact, has no screen guard but is still good (gorilla?). Browsing is fast on both. Faster on SGR(should be)

I have recommended SGR right from the first post owing to your requirements.

I am giving you as much info as I know on the Arc S to bolster your opinion. You are the one to finally decide.

You willl surely not be disappointed with the SGR and a dual core is a must at this point of time.

Just saw the link, there is no doubt the SGR is the one to take. Everything aside, lots of RAM and internal memory means ,peace of mind and a faster experience. Have no doubts, go for it.

BTW SGR is superLCD so no OLED goodies here so it's equal to ARCs in that respect.

OP
S

sumit269

Broken In
To clarify a few statements,

Arc S has 300odd MB internal memory and a 8GB external memory, SGR no idea.
Battery life is poor in general for all Androids but Samsung has an edge due to their efficient AMOLED screens which use less energy. But I don't know how much extra that gives you.

SGR has 8 GB Internal and 32GB expandable.
And it comes with SC-LCD and not AMOLED :sad::sad::sad:

(I have been hunting for nexus S but could not find it now.Else would have gone for it without a second thought.)

Last edited:

mafzalr

Right off the assembly line
the SGR stand out with the fact that its gonna get the
android 'Ice Cream Sandwich' update soon..................

OP
S

sumit269

Broken In
ok finally ordering SGR from letsbuy. any coupons that would work for a discount??

(Am not comfortable with warranty that im getting with the Arc S)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Sony Xperia Arc S is also getting Ice Cream Sandwich in March...

Anyways, SGR is also a very good phone... You will definitely love it...

IMO, buy from Flipkart rather than Letsbuy. More reliable website...

All the best...
Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
S

sumit269

Broken In
the SGR stand out with the fact that its gonna get the
android 'Ice Cream Sandwich' update soon..................

I think he was referring to the comparison between SGR and SG+

I know even xperia arc S getting ICS update soon. But i was getting it from US at the same price as SGR. Im not very comfortable with the warranty issues due to my past experiences.

There is a dealer from gujrat selling SE arc S at 21.5k too but he is offering 6 months dealer warranty for software not hardware. In case anyone interested he can try that deal.

Top Bottom