Sony Xperia 9.4” Tegra 3 Android ICS Tablet Specs Leaked

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
As the IFA is approaching, many devices have been leaked and headed for the launch for the upcoming event show. After Galaxy Note 2 and Xperia Mint it’s got to be Sony’s new tablet might be available for hands-on. One of the interesting thing about this leak is that Sony will use the Xperia brand for both smart phones and tablet PC’s.

The specifications leaked shows that this tablet will be with 9.4 inches touchscreen display providing a maximum resolution of 1280 x 800 display. This will be powered with the same processor used in Tablet S, Tegra 3 chipset. The tablet has 8 mega pixel camera on the rear side to record 1080p HD videos and take photos at well and includes 1 mega pixel front facing camera which can be used for video chat and video conferences as well. The tablet is equipped with 6,000 mAh battery providing a 10 hours of browsing time and this device is 40 % thinner than the Tablet S.

The good thing about this tablet is that it will be with aluminium splash proof body and so it weights little higher. It offers interesting feature of Guest Mode allows users in your family to share the tablet with their personalized data. Users can enable guest account where you can limit what to be displayed to them. This tablet will be PlayStation certified and you can download various games exclusive for Xperia tablet from PlayStation Store and Google Play Store is also available for free.

It has the following specifications to sum it up –

Android 4.0 OS
520 grams weight
9.4 inches touchscreen display
Tegra 3 processor
8 mega pixel camera
Front facing VGA camera
3G, Wi Fi, Bluetooth 3.0
6000 mAh battery
Sony Xperia tablet will be available at following price variants –

16GB variant priced at $ 399.99
32GB variant priced at $ 499.99
64GB variant priced at $ 599.99

If sources are true then this tablet will be launched in September this year.

I Think Screen Resolution Is Sufficient....!Isn't It?

SOURCE-Sony Xperia 9.4” Tegra 3 Android ICS Tablet Specs Leaked

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Yes but I wish it was 1920x1080 :) Also before some people confuse it to be a "Sony Ericsson/Sony Mobile" tablet, it's a Sony Electronics product and nothing to do with Sony Ericsson. Xperia is now a Sony brand name hence the usage of XPERIA for tablets as well.

^
Yes but I wish it was 1920x1080 :) Also before some people confuse it to be a "Sony Ericsson/Sony Mobile" tablet, it's a Sony Electronics product and nothing to do with Sony Ericsson. Xperia is now a Sony brand name hence the usage of XPERIA for tablets as well.

Seems like Sony purchased Ericsson's stake in the business recently. All their new phones are simply Sony Xperia and not Sony Ericsson Xperia.

Yes I Also Wish.I Should Have 1920x1080 Screen Resolution.:|

That does have a lot of drawbacks. For starters, websites will appear much smaller (especially fixed-width sites) and you'll have to keep zooming to read text. Battery consumption will be higher because GPU will need to work overtime to handle such a screen. Moreover, what WILL you do with such a high res screen on a 9.4" tablet ?

^that's apple mania, squeezing more than you can take :|

Yup. For a tablet, 1024x768 or its stretched widescreen equivalent 1366x768 (or perhaps 1280x720 or 1280x800) are the best usable resolutions. Especially 1024x768. Almost all websites are designed keeping in mind this as the minimum resolution.

OP
ankit.kumar010203

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
Seems like Sony purchased Ericsson's stake in the business recently. All their new phones are simply Sony Xperia and not Sony Ericsson Xperia.

That does have a lot of drawbacks. For starters, websites will appear much smaller (especially fixed-width sites) and you'll have to keep zooming to read text. Battery consumption will be higher because GPU will need to work overtime to handle such a screen. Moreover, what WILL you do with such a high res screen on a 9.4" tablet ?

Therefore Its One Of The Con Is Screen Resolution...:-(
Why Companies Can't Make A Complete Feature...?:-x
I Think Sony Has Given The 6000 mAh Battery For This Con Only...!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^that's apple mania, squeezing more than you can take :|

absolutely correct. nowadays if a 10" tablet doesn't sport 1080p display, its rated as crap or cheap. If the price is low and the viewing angles as well as brightness are good then nothing much to complain about the resolution.

I Think Sony Has Given The 6000 mAh Battery For This Con Only...!

I'd rather use that battery for ensuring that my tablet has its backup increased by 3-4 hours than help support a more hyped screen. :lol:

Higher battery life is something most people can actually benefit from.

I really wonder what those people will call a 15"6 laptop with 1366*768 resolution? :|

I have one, with a matte finish screen (15.6" + matt screen + 1366x768 = $#!T according to many) but I have had the best experience ever with it. For everyone else, there is Dell Inspiron 15 SE :wink:

Top Bottom