Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Sony unveils Xperia T3 - 'the world's slimmest 5.3" smartphone'

We kid, but the svelte T3 is indeed very thin at just 7mm, and if you are worried about the IPS-LCD Triluminos screen resolution, you can relax now - it's decent at 720x1280 pixels, with 277ppi pixel density. The processing power is a bit on the slow side for today's standards, as the Xperia T3 gets powered by a 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, but hey, this is the new midrange now, and it looks pretty svelte with the 150.7 x 77 x 7 mm chassis, built around a stainless steel frame, with an aluminum power/lock key on the side.

The memory situation includes 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage, and a microSD slot that takes up to 32 GB cards, if you want more. There is an 8 MP Exmor RS sensor on the back for snapping and 1080p video purposes, and a 1.1 MP front-facing camera that does 720p recordings. Power is provided by a 2500 mAh battery, that Sony cites as good for 12 hours and 46 minutes of talk times, and 8 hours and 14 minutes of video playback, which is quite the good result. Naturally, Android 4.4 KitKat with Sony's own Xperia UI are loaded on the handset, too. The Xperia T3 will be available in three colors - black, white and violet - and should be hitting the shelves by the end of July for a midrange price tag.

Xperia T3 -- Introducing the world's slimmest 5.3-inch smartphone* - YouTube

*cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/14/06/sony-xperia-t3/gsmarena_001.jpg

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Any idea on the approx pricing???

around 21k

bad move by sony....

they should have launched this phone with snapdragon 610 + 2 gb ram and priced it at 25k and launched it after 2 months ...

they already have M2 , t2 ultra in this price range ,

t3 just has bigger display and resolution, which is a just a minor difference .. plus it is soon going to get outdated after launch

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
around 21k

bad move by sony....

they should have launched this phone with snapdragon 610 + 2 gb ram and priced it at 25k and launched it after 2 months ...

they already have M2 , t2 ultra in this price range ,

t3 just has bigger display and resolution, which is a just a minor difference .. plus it is soon going to get outdated after launch

Hahahaha well all I can say is don't have much expectations from Sony this year lol

Guess what the Z3 brings ?

Almost nothing

Same CPU, RAM, Memory, Display, camera as Z2 but in a newer slimmer design. :razz:

No QHD display, no Snapdragon 805, no 4GB RAM

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Hahahaha well all I can say is don't have much expectations from Sony this year lol

Guess what the Z3 brings ?

Almost nothing

Same CPU, RAM, Memory, Display, camera as Z2 but in a newer slimmer design. :razz:

No QHD display, no Snapdragon 805, no 4GB RAM

edit - just checked doomloard's leak .. damn who will buy Z3 then only for design ? atleast 805 was a must..
4gb ram isn't that big deal right now , and no Qhd is actually better .. but No snapdragon 805 ?? this is shocking..
really the worst move.. it won't be selling much without 805.. they axed themselves on the foot..

if it doesn't make it to z3 .. then i am sure z4 will be launched this year as well :lol: haha.. sony seems to be in a hurry pumping flagship after flagship

they can't be that dumb .. where is the team that designed 2013 phones ..the only real good phones launched by sony this year are z2 and t2 ultra and z1 c, though overpriced by sony's last year standards

they didn't even launched the SP successor with snapdragon 800 till now which we were discussing in the first few pages..

so that's why you switched to apple ? :p

Last edited:

sushovan

In the zone
Thankfully I got my SP before Sony decided to withdraw stocks to sell their overpriced crap like M2, L2 etc. Sony is going the shamesung way :)

dude1

Journeyman
Guys got myself Xperia Z1 COMPACT!!!
It's beautiful and fast... Really cool device. With great battery backup.It's a pokemon (pocketable monster :wink:)!

ashs1

Padawan
^ Congrats

Guys, it seems that the camera flash of my xperia L is not working. It was working fine few days back. The phone has hardly been mishandled since its purchase.
I tried repairing the software using the PC companion, but it didn't work.
I am planning to submit it to the service centre tomorow. & i just noticed that the phone side panel has a very slight scratch/small crack near the power button.
Will they accept the phone under warranty or is it void due to physical damage ? :( :/

randomuser111

Technomancer
^ Congrats

Guys, it seems that the camera flash of my xperia L is not working. It was working fine few days back. The phone has hardly been mishandled since its purchase.
I tried repairing the software using the PC companion, but it didn't work.
I am planning to submit it to the service centre tomorow. & i just noticed that the phone side panel has a very slight scratch/small crack near the power button.
Will they accept the phone under warranty or is it void due to physical damage ? :( :/

Did you try if the LED flash is working with the Xperia Diagnostics app ?

ashs1

Padawan
yup. I tried the Xperia Diagnostics app.. LED flash still didn't work :(

& it seems that if i slightly press the area under the flash, it works/blinks for just a sec... weird..

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Sony Plans To Launch 5 Smartphones With MediaTek Chips In 2015 | Gizmodo India

chipset - mediatek mtk6732

- - - Updated - - -

Sony Xperia C3 breaks cover, teased as the first selfie phone - GSMArena.com news

Photos of Xperia C3 “Selfie” phone from Sony, leaked - Android Community

Sony Xperia C3 ePrice.HK exclusive footage - YouTube

*telecomtalk.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Xperia-Selfie-Phone_1-640x462.jpg

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
Sony announces Xperia C3 selfie smartphone - Smartphone with a Front flash LED !!

*static.xperiablog.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1_Xperia_C3_Group_Colours_Front-640x444.jpg

Sony has unveiled the Xperia C3 (D2533) and Xperia C3 Dual (D2502), a device Sony is dubbing “the world’s best selfie smartphone“. Sony’s confidence comes from a 5MP 720p wide-angle (25mm with 80 degree field of view) front camera (with Superior Auto mode support) tied with a soft LED flash. Photos can be taken by double tapping the back cover or using Smile Shutter.

The Xperia C3 will also have the selfie software to go with it including a new ‘PROselfie cam’ app. Other apps that can be used with the front camera include AR effect and Portrait Retouch, which we’ve already seen on the Xperia T2 Ultra.

Portrait Retouch v.2 is a newer version of the Portrait Retouch app which includes real-time makeover, DECO frame options and magic eye beam (light reflection) effects. You can also retouch portraits of up to two people per image.

In terms of specifications, the Xperia C3 has a 5.5-inch (720 x 1280) IPS display and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset (MSM8X26) with 1.2GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 305 graphics. The Xperia C3 has a phone to screen ratio of 68.10% and pixel density of 267 PPI.

Other features include a 8MP Exmor RS rear camera with auto-focus, 8GB internal storage, 1GB RAM, Bluetooth 4.0 and a 2500mAh battery including Battery STAMINA Mode 3.0. The Xperia C3 Dual is the same device as the Xperia C3 but will feature dual SIM card support.

The Xperia C3 has dimensions of 156 x 78.5 x 7.6 mm and weighs 150g. The phone will launch with Android 4.4 KitKat in three colours (black, white and mint) from August 2014. China will be a launch market.

Full Specs : Xperiaâ„¢ C3 - Developer World

Source : Sony announces Xperia C3 selfie smartphone | Xperia Blog

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
sony has become Mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony Xperia T3 launched in India for Rs. 27990

Minion

Conversation Architect
Sony announces Xperia C3 selfie smartphone - Smartphone with a Front flash LED !!

Full Specs : Xperiaâ„¢ C3 - Developer World

Source : Sony announces Xperia C3 selfie smartphone | Xperia Blog

Wao Selfie Smartphone :p Who will buy them:lol:

Top Bottom