Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

geek_rocker

Broken In
Hi, I am getting my new Xperia Z1 (Black) today!!

Cheers guys :lol: :lol:

I am buying this mobile after 2 long years.

So I hope its worth the mint!!
Congrats!
Do post your experience with the phone and camera samples please. My gf is thinking about getting this phone as she's a huge Sony fangirl.

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
So sony finally shared some info with us yesterday..
Xperia ZR & SP won't be getting the 4.4 kitkat update... Xperia L/M/C which were released few months back are not even getting 4.3...
lets hope this is just the first list of phones that are getting the update..

Last week you probably saw Google announce Android version 4.4; Kit Kat…

We’ve seen lots of questions on our Android upgrade roadmap and equally, we have lots to tell you, so here’s a note on just that…

First up, Jelly Bean 4.3

We’re pleased to tell you that we’ll start rolling Android 4.3 for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia SP, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 from next month*.

We also mentioned that a few of our products would be jumping software version – so, we can confirm that Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V* will be upgraded to Android Jelly Bean 4.3… also from next month.

And, to Kit Kat 4.4

We’re also happy to tell you about the first raft of Xperia products that we’ll make Android 4.4 Kit Kat available for – they are: Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1*.

On that, please stay tuned to the social newsroom and @SonyMobileNews, where we’ll update you with specific info on product upgrade timings & software features as things progress.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
This is actually bad. Sony not providing 4.4 to ZR.
Ironically, 4.4 was meant to run on devices with 512 MB RAM, but ZR with 2 gigs of RAM doesn't get to enjoy KitKat.
:/

Top Bottom