@Random if you can send this to sony developers please
List of confirmed bugs & improvements in Xperia L 4.2.2 update :
- Transfer data to sd card in settings>storage fcs settings.
- Some album arts in walkman are blurred.
- Youtube videos qualtiy in HQ is a bit pixelated and not as clear as before the update.
- Apps that are in sd card, their icon will be removed from the home screen after reboot if you are using Xperia Home.
- Multitouch issue which people were facing before is still there.
- Games which are installed by default in internal memory do not start untill we move them to phone memory. (Later can be moved back to internal memory.)
- Screen in portrait mode cuts in left side, video in the link explains. http://goo.gl/8LQ0Qu
Some other bugs reported by other users and some which I'm having.
- Xperia Home scrolling isn't smooth with many widgets.
- Lag in Nova Launcher with the widgets and icon pack which ran smoothly before the update (Me)
Mention any other if I've missed and let others see this post before they update.
Somethings which got better :
- Gaming performance is definitely better according to what users reported.
- Xperia home "app drawer" is quite smooth in scrolling now.
- The lag which settings had when we had multiple accounts added is gone now.
These bugs are irrespective of factory reset after update as both users who did reset after update and didn't reported them. I myself have tested them before and after reset.
Sony needs to hire better developers, how did that firmware go through testing? I also have an issue with image processing on the new Xperias. Samsung uses the same sensor and the results are a lot better. I mean, what the hell? Same thing with the display in Xperia Z. Yes, you can fix these things in updates or later batches but the damage is done.
Also, I can conform the displays on most Xperia Z's are pretty good unless you are unlucky. Sony is respected company and they should keep in mind that they have quite a reputation. Mess that up, and that perception will bleed over to their other products. I have to say that I'm a Sony fanboy but they seriously need to get their s**t together.
Get Xperia SP if you want Xperia privileges such as Bravia Engine,Sony UI,Glove mode etc.
Get The Nexus 4 if you want pure android experience(Whatever that is) and oh updates.
You can also try to get the ZR to keep it under water xD