Sony Vaio Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vensanga

Journeyman
Hey guys am looking for drivers for my Dony Vaio VGN-N38E/W...it comes with Vista but i hate switched to XP and need all the drivers for my laptop..

Guys can u pliz help me...

paroh

Padawan
Hey guys am looking for drivers for my Dony Vaio VGN-N38E/W...it comes with Vista but i hate switched to XP and need all the drivers for my laptop..

Guys can u pliz help me...

I think u want to sony vaio not Dony vaio. Just go to sony site and download it

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
If you cannot find what you want on the Sony website, here's what I suggest you do. It's what did very recently after installing Win XP on a friend's Compaq laptop.

Use Everest to identify your hardware - graphics, chipset, sound chip, ethernet controller, wireless ethernet, etc. You can tell Everest to save the configuration as a text or html file. Don't overdo it though. Generate only the hardware profile, otherwise you'll end up with a huge file. (My hardware file was more than 300KB in plain text).

Then, you can search for drivers for individual devices. For example, you can look for a suitable graphics driver on Intel's website. The gfx driver is usually the easiest part. Other devices may prove to be more difficult.

If you need further help, post details about the various devices and I'll try to help.

I've just spent a lot of time searching for and downloading drivers for the laptop I mentioned. I downloaded nearly 20 files, out of which I chose the 9 most suitable ones. Windows tried to reject a couple of them and I had to force-feed it. Everything's working fine now. I could even latch on to someone's unsecured wireless internet account (but only long enough to test my installation).

Last edited:
OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
Thanks alot guys but i asked one of my friend and he help me with it..He has a Windows Xp disk and that disk includes all the drivers..just installing the windows xp also installs all the drivers for the laptop...its pretty good!!!!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Glad to hear that you found a solution. That must have been a customised/streamlined XP CD for your laptop model or a closely similar one. A base XP CD doesn't come with drivers for specific chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom