Sony testing virtual reality device

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sony's again showing off their technology marvels & this time with an old technology that never saw fruition. They have developed a prototype headset that's used as a goggles with twin oled screens capable of doing 3d as well.

So the user has to wear it and get immersed by any content including prerendered movies and real time rendered games. No need of a display device of any sort and the device can work with multiple content generating hardwares like game consoles, computers etc.

*i53.tinypic.com/2i70ms6.jpg

Source

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Nvidia 3d vision is completely different. You need a 120 hz display+plus 3d glasses+emitter.

The one i mentioned has oled display embedded and you don't need a separate lcd/led display. You just have to wear it and see the content.

Please read properly.:neutral:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I find this technology scary to be honest. Anything that obscures our real sense particularly the sight is a no-no in my opinion.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hahaha, you are right about that but it has many good uses also. Just imagine how easy it would be for medical/biology students to understand the body parts without actually cutting/dissecting a body. Mechanical field, construction/architects etc will be helped hugely if this comes out in production :)

Top Bottom