Sony releases Blu-ray ROM Drive in the Indian market

Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Sony has launched its first internal Blu-ray Disc ROM Drive, dubbed BDU-X10S, in the Indian market.

*www.techgadgets.in/images/sony-bdu-x10s-blu-ray-disc.jpg

Paired with CyberLink’s PowerDVD BD Edition software, the latest player will allow playback of commercial movie titles, recorded Blu-ray Disc home videos, DVD-ROMs and CD-ROMs. In addition, it can also play recorded Blu-ray Discs in MPEG-2 or H.264 format, standard DVD-Video discs or recorded DVDs encoded with MPEG-2 or AVCHD formats.

Users will notice fast and easy transfer of data and videos while using high-speed Serial ATA (SATA) interface, thanks to the internal drive. The 2.5-inch device also supports Microsoft Windows Vista or XP operating system and delivers easy installation in desktop PCs.

Moreover, you can also play commercial Blu-ray movies on the PC that features an HDCP-compliant graphics card offering DVI or HDMI connections, HDCP-compliant computer display, and software that supports BD-ROM playback. You can even view personally created Blu-ray content. The other features are 8x DVD ROM (Read Only), 24X CD-ROM (Read Only), Data Buffer size of 4MB, physical dimension of 5.25″x1.63″x7.0″ and installation angle supporting both Vertical and Horizontal.

Currently available in India via Rashi Peripherals, the Sony BDU-X10S Blu-ray Disc ROM Drive costs Rs. 16,950 and is backed with a one-year warranty.

source

*www.blu-ray.com/drives/
try this *www.blu-ray.com/images/drives/liteon2.jpg

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Is that price too high? In US does it sell for the same price? I think the prices will come down after some time! How soon? Well that's a question which nobody knows answer to! :)

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Blu-Ray Drives
*priceguru.in/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/lg-gbw-h10n.jpg

LG GBW-H10N -Price: Rs.20,000/-
Specs: 12x DVD+R, 4x DVD+R DL, 8x DVD+RW, 4x BD-R, 2x BD-RE
Interface: IDE (PATA)
Buffer: 4MB (BD), 2MB (DVD/CD)
Bundle: Nero 7 Essential w/ BD Patch
LightScribe: NO

*priceguru.in/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/samsung-sh-b022.jpg

Samsung SH-B022 -Price: Rs.24,000/-
Specs: 12x DVD+R, 4x DVD+R DL, 8x DVD+RW, 2x BD-R, 2x BD-RE
Buffer: 4MB (BD), 2MB (DVD/CD)

*priceguru.in/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/sony-bwu-100a.jpg

Sony BWU-100A -Price: Rs.45,000/
Specs: 12x DVD+R, 4x DVD+R DL, 8x DVD+RW, 2x BD-R, 2x BD-RE
Buffer: 8MB

source -PriceGuru

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
The PRices are too high in India. The other Day i saw Blue Ray and HD DVD combo Writer for 13000 i think at EBAY International :confused: and this is only a ROM

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
To start with these will always be higher. We have to wait for at least a year till prices come down.

praka123

left this forum longback
BD writer is what is worth!also,if the fight during the past yrs(bd vs hdvd) had been avoided,we had already be using bd recorders at cheap rates!

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
the price of the drives doesnt concern me much but untill the price of the blank media comes down and it becomes widely available as normal dvd i aint gonna buy it.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
please always mention technology news from reputed tech sites...

this is one of the original sources *www.tech2.com/india/news/dvd-players/sony-introduces-bdux10s-bdrom-drive/32471/0

_

Voldy

The Dark lord
16k+ its too much now for just a blu-ray rom
i will wait for it until there prices goes down..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom